Online Sewing Class: Bust Adjustments

Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 2723 (Sewing Room Accessories (hams))

Reviewed by:slanden99

About slanden99starstarstarstar
Member since: 9/14/05
Posted on:11/17/05 11:03 AM
Last Updated:11/17/05 11:03 AM

See other patterns in this category: Crafts
MissMarnie said... (5/26/11 11:11 PM) Reply
I just got this pattern. I'm looking forward to making myself some hams so I can press like a pro, even if I sew like a newbie :)
Sherril Miller said... (11/19/05 4:57 PM) Reply
I wonder if the wood shavings used for hamster cages would work? you could probably break it up with a rolling pin so that it became smaller crumbs, but not quite dust.
ShereeSews said... (11/18/05 9:19 PM) Reply
I enjoyed your helpful review. Have been wanting to make some hams from wool in my stash. Try asking at Home Depot, where they trim boards for customers, the sawdust gets vacummed into a bag!
mamacita said... (11/17/05 8:44 PM) Reply
Helpful review! For those of you yet planning on making some hams, I made two several years ago and I went to a lumber yard, asked, and with a shovel and paper bag I got as much sawdust as I could haul away...and it smelled so good too! Big lumber yards are happy to have you take it away!!
bunz said... (11/17/05 5:40 PM) Reply
Great fix using the sand! These are so easy, aren't they? congrats
smallbod said... (11/17/05 4:22 PM) Reply
What a great idea & timely too as I've been trying to justify cost of hams (over here much dearer). All I need now is to find some sand ........
Evatgirl73 said... (11/17/05 2:43 PM) Reply
Thanks for this timely review! This is on my short list as I really need some pressing hams but cannot bring myself to pay $15 for one... I have the sawdust drying as we speak! I had the same conundrum, couldn't figure out where to find sawdust, until I had a bright moment and went and asked one of the chainsaw artists close by... he said I could have as much as I wanted, and more! I only had a reg. plastic shopping bag with me, so that is full, but if I need more I know where to go, LOL!
CyberNewt said... (11/17/05 12:44 PM) Reply
Great idea- I wondered about the sawdust too. I do know someone who does woodwork and perhaps we should start selling it. My dad used to have a table saw and it had a collection area for sawdust and boy did it collect! Great review and your hams look wonderful!

by: Lori V