Online Sewing Class: Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket

Pattern Reviews> Sewing Workshop> 000 (Joplin Pullover)

Reviewed by:Izzie

About Izziestarstar
TN United States
Member since: 6/28/03
Posted on:11/17/05 3:32 PM
Last Updated:11/17/05 3:38 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
beth5646 said... (11/18/05 3:55 PM) Reply
Great jacket. You did a wonderful job. I may just have to give that pattern a go. Thanks for the review.
Oopsy-Daisy! said... (11/18/05 11:46 AM) Reply
Wonderful! I saw two "live" versions at the Sewing Workshop booth at Quilt Festival and fell in love with it. I like your idea about trying it in fleece.
Harriet Rogers said... (11/18/05 9:48 AM) Reply
Well, looks like I'm about to buy yet another Sewing Workshop pattern: this looks terrific made up: beautiful job: love the color and the drape of it.
Sharon M said... (11/18/05 9:22 AM) Reply
Very nice - much more appealing than the drawing. I would have missed this if you hadn't reviewed it. Shoot, now I must add another Sewing Workshop pattern to my pattern collection...
Hilary said... (11/18/05 8:39 AM) Reply
What a great looking top! I like the style, very unique without being too artsy-but you could make it that way if you chose to.
Modiste Madness said... (11/18/05 7:01 AM) Reply
The gallery pictures sold me on the pattern but your version confirms this is one I want to try. I think you did a great job on your top. It looks like such a fun casual top.
SuzanM said... (11/18/05 5:39 AM) Reply
Very nice looking top. Thanks for the review.
JDpenelope said... (11/18/05 5:30 AM) Reply
Great top! Thanks for the link to the gallery, too. (It's nice that the initially grim-looking model lightens up as you go through the photos.)
Steffie said... (11/18/05 5:26 AM) Reply
Your top is great! I actually like yours better than the ones pictured in the gallery. Thanks for the review!
Danvillegirl said... (11/18/05 5:06 AM) Reply
That's a neat looking top. I for whatever reason have not visited the gallery for this website. That was as inspiring as your review and top.
Mary Stiefer said... (11/17/05 9:49 PM) Reply
The color is great and it looks so comfy. Very nice I love the idea of the three inch sleeve hem so that the sleeve could be rolled up. Thanks for that little piece of wisdom so that the rest of us can borrow it for future tops.
touran said... (11/17/05 9:08 PM) Reply
Thanks - I like it a lot. It's on my list too.
Ann Smith said... (11/17/05 7:52 PM) Reply
Very nice. I love the color and the drape of the fabric you chose. I must get this pattern too.
diane s said... (11/17/05 5:45 PM) Reply
I enjoyed your review....your top looks like it's from a high end boutique.
bunz said... (11/17/05 5:37 PM) Reply
This looks great! Very RTW. appreciate your reviewing it.
Mini said... (11/17/05 4:57 PM) Reply
Your tunic looks a lot better than the rather baffling drawings, and it's a pretty color too.
KarenP said... (11/17/05 4:20 PM) Reply
This pattern has really appealed to me and I'm happy to see that it looks good in real life! I have a piece of rayon/linen that I don't know what to do with...perhaps this is the pattern?
Karla Kizer said... (11/17/05 4:10 PM) Reply
I love your top. Any doubts I had about ordering this pattern have been erased, darnit. Thanks a bunch... ;-)
Izzie said... (11/17/05 3:45 PM) Reply
Hi Touran! The top is loose, but not overly baggy. It is very comfortable and actually slimming even though it is straight up and down. People on sewing world were wondering if maybe the photos in the gallery had the tops pinned back to look more slimming, but after trying mine on, I really don't think they are pinned.
touran said... (11/17/05 3:40 PM) Reply
That's a good looking top. The photos of this pattern are so much better than the pattern indicates. How does it fit you? Close, loose?

BurdaStyle Magazine 02-2010-122