Online Sewing Class: Put it on the Bias

Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5110 (Sweater Coat)

Reviewed by:MB at YarnUiPhoneApp

About MB at YarnUiPhoneAppstar
Member since: 8/26/04
Posted on:11/21/05 7:12 AM
Last Updated:1/2/06 4:43 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Petite

Review Rating: Helpful by 8 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
Barbara at Cat Fur Studio said... (1/2/06 6:05 PM) Reply
Thanks for the inspiration - your changes did take this pattern from ok to 'stunning'! The first sweater coat is Missoni-esque. Would think you'd have spent $1500 for that one at Niemans!
violinit said... (11/27/05 2:19 PM) Reply
Wow, absolutely stunning! Great review! I tried this pattern once with a wool jersey knit without much alteration and the result was okay. Now after seeing your works and tips, I canít wait to dig the pattern out again and try it YOUR way! Thanks again for sharing!
Gigi Louis said... (11/27/05 10:15 AM) Reply
So pretty! How did I miss this review the first time around?
Jennifer shaw said... (11/26/05 6:53 PM) Reply
It looks great on you!
AnneM said... (11/23/05 3:58 PM) Reply
LOL Very cute review. Really nice looking garment. I like your idea on the hood. If you want to consider me a friend, feel free to make me one of these. ;)
Tiner W said... (11/19/05 9:43 PM) Reply
I really like it--it looks very artistic.
Harriet Rogers said... (11/19/05 10:03 AM) Reply
This looks super-creative: wonderful job. I have this pattern and a "knitty" type fabric for it, so I really appreciate your creative ideas. Now, to find the time to sew it up! Thanks for review.
MB at YarnUiPhoneApp said... (11/19/05 7:31 AM) Reply
Thanks, all, for your comments. Leora, as for drafting the collar, I simply extended the line on the existing pattern piece about 4-5 inches until I thought it looked 70s enough. I also wanted to add that this sweater coat would look very contemporary with toggle buttons.
lilhoney57 said... (11/19/05 7:14 AM) Reply
Great review! You have some very creative ideas.
Linda E. said... (11/19/05 7:06 AM) Reply
very very pretty sweater coat... The chairs are very interesting also...???
Leora said... (11/18/05 8:27 PM) Reply
I'm stalking the mailman for this pattern's arrival. Now, how did you do the collar exactly? Are you divulging your secrets by chance? I must figure out how to update the look. Great first review...keep 'em comin'!
candyo said... (11/18/05 7:23 PM) Reply
I thought that fabric looked familiar!!! haha I love your coat! And those chairs....
Georgene said... (11/18/05 7:20 PM) Reply
Very nice. Fat chance you will get these ladies to stay away from EmmaOneSock, though.
CarolynGM said... (11/18/05 7:01 PM) Reply
Your sweater coat looks much better than the pattern pictures. Nice fabric and much nicer collar.
Mini said... (11/18/05 5:12 PM) Reply
Good job, and thanks for the creative suggestions. Knitting or crocheting to add details to sweater knits is a wonderful idea.

You Sew Girl Tulip Dress Pattern