Online Sewing Class: Altering Jackets

Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5201 (Sweater Set)

Reviewed by:Rennie Ashby

Posted on:9/15/02 6:35 PM
Last Updated:9/24/02 5:54 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people
Trudy J said... (3/23/03 8:15 PM) Reply
Wow...ran across this by accident. Beautiful and elegant sweater set. Great tip on shaping shoulder pads also.
said... (9/16/02 11:07 PM) Reply
Rennie, your sweater set is great, but I have to differ from you and Gigi - I think the looser fit is really flattering on you - skims the body but gives the hint of shape underneath!
said... (9/16/02 11:19 AM) Reply
Love the fabric, Rennie. It is such a pretty garment for fall
said... (9/16/02 8:53 AM) Reply
You guys always have the nicest comments. Thanks! The skirt is reviewed here. No Gigi, I haven't tried those although I'd like to as well as the Textile Studio elastic you've spoken highly of. These pads came from Fabricmart.com purchased as a bargain bundle (a bag of 20 assorted ones). I used the smallest pair and then cut it down some more to fit the pad cover pattern piece. I just read and article (was it the newest SewNews?) about shaping pads with rows of machine stitching so I may try this too.
said... (9/15/02 8:43 PM) Reply
Rennie - looks very nice! I like the boxy shape because I am boxy but I see why you want to add a little shape. I am way jealous of your new fall wardrobe!!!
said... (9/15/02 8:15 PM) Reply
Oh Rennie, pretty pretty! By the way, what is the skirt you're wearing? It's very nice, too!
said... (9/15/02 7:11 PM) Reply
Rennie, your sweater set looks fantastic! I changed the shape of the shell as I too like a closer fit through the waist and hip. The cardigan I like as-is, the slightly boxier shape looks great with a very fitted pant. Did you use the Textile Studio shoulder pads in your cardigan?

by: Lori V