Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7365 (Women's Dress)

Reviewed by:kwpanthermom

About kwpanthermomstarstar
Member since: 11/9/05
Posted on:11/21/05 9:56 PM
Last Updated:11/21/05 10:13 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
See other patterns in this category: Formalwear
oviedodeb said... (2/29/08 9:37 PM) Reply
I'm getting ready to make this dress for my daughter's senior prom, and the detail of this review will help greatly!
PearlGirl said... (1/11/07 6:30 PM) Reply
Great story...what a fabulous friend you are! And to top it all off, the gown looks amazing. FANTASTIC choice of color! bravo!
Dmd4106 said... (11/23/05 1:18 PM) Reply
As my dd would say Divalicous! I see the lauching of a new On-line Fitting class.
lilhoney57 said... (11/23/05 5:34 AM) Reply
Just gorgeous!
Levone said... (11/22/05 11:06 PM) Reply
Wow, fabulous outcome!
kwpanthermom said... (11/22/05 10:31 AM) Reply
I don't think we spent more than 45 minutes fitting the muslin. I think it went so quickly because her mom had taken such precise measurements to start with and she and her daughter both had a good eye to how the gown should fit. We collaborated the following year for another gown, but someone other than her mother measured her that time (and that woman could sew) so my pattern preparation and muslin was WAY off...the woman had noted in her returned measurements, "I added room to grow"...for an evening gown?? and I had to guess a lot on the initial pattern prep. That internet fitting took over three hours. I have the fitting pictures, and if I ever find the finished gown pictures I'll review it because the fabric was incredible and it turned out beautiful. And I learned a lot more about fitting!
Georgene said... (11/22/05 8:52 AM) Reply
Oh my, what a wonderful story about the new uses of internet technology. I love the long distance fit session story. About how long do you think you spent online doing that fit session? Great idea, and well done, well done.
casken said... (11/22/05 8:24 AM) Reply
Stunning dress. I hope my dd wants me to make her prom dress one day. Excellent job!
MB at YarnUiPhoneApp said... (11/22/05 6:48 AM) Reply
maybe you can teach an online class here at Patternreview about sewing on the bias. Great job!
noreend said... (11/22/05 5:48 AM) Reply
WOW! THAT'S what friends are for. Superb job!
ladybegood said... (11/22/05 1:44 AM) Reply
You're my hero... so brave... so talented.
Elona said... (11/21/05 11:50 PM) Reply
Well, you're clear-sighted, goal-oriented, and obviously a genius! The mom ain't no slouch, either. This dress is gorgeous, just lovely. Congratulations to you all on this wonderful, joint effort. And, my, aren't human children beautiful?
sew obsessed said... (11/21/05 10:49 PM) Reply
What a special story and a beautiful gown. Such a wonderful fit. I'm sure your friend and her daughter will remember how gorgeous this dress is forever.
PVA said... (11/21/05 10:31 PM) Reply
Incredible! This is just the ultimate! Thanks so much for this review -- the dress is drop-dead-in-your-tracks stunningly beautiful! I love the color! Your work is beyond description! I can't imagine what this means to that lovely young girl, but you've earned extra stars on your crown when you get to Heaven!
Leora said... (11/21/05 10:28 PM) Reply
Unbelieveable how you can sew long distance and fit everything perfectly. What in inspiration to aspire toward that level of skill. Beautiful dress as usual!
G_l_e_n_d_a said... (11/21/05 10:16 PM) Reply
What an incredible story! I am soooo impressed with your talent.
mlt said... (11/21/05 10:01 PM) Reply
Oh, my goodness. You did that fitting via digital pictures and chat??? You are a very good friend and seamstress!
sewlily said... (11/21/05 9:57 PM) Reply
This is a beautiful dress and a beautiful gesture. I love the ruching or gathering in the back. What a knock out.

by: renren