Online Sewing Class: Sewing Basics

Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6379 (Misses' Gowns and Jacket)

Reviewed by:Oziroo

Last Updated:11/22/05 5:35 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket    Formalwear
FlyNavyMom said... (3/18/07 9:53 PM) Reply
Oh boy! Thanks for the review!!! I am also a standard size 8P. I looked at the measurements on the pattern and realize that I am also going to cut it out as a size 12 and go from there. Your end product is lovely and I'm going forward with my plans... only on a larger scale.
SpitfireKate said... (11/19/06 10:02 PM) Reply
Thank you for your sizing information. I'm planning on doing this for myself for my daughters wedding, and had I not read your warnings, I'd have just cut right in (jump in with both feet - why bother checking for sharks or anything else first, right?). Appreciate the info. You're outfit is lovely!!!!
LauraTS said... (9/14/06 8:46 PM) Reply
I am thinking of making the sheer jacket to go over a formal dress, so your review was very helpful - thanks.
AnneM said... (11/23/05 4:22 AM) Reply
That is lovely. Great look, wonderful fabric. It sounds like a do-able pattern now that we have your sizing warnings.
KathleenS said... (11/23/05 3:09 AM) Reply
Great outfit - it looks like it fits you so well (and the shoes are great as well).
Schnauzer said... (11/22/05 7:50 PM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous! Lovely colour, style and beautifully sewn. Well done oziroo!
Judy Williment said... (11/22/05 6:19 PM) Reply
That is one beautiful outfit - you've done so well with such a challenging pattern!
Vonnevo said... (11/22/05 6:10 PM) Reply
Beautiful ! Colours and fabric are perfect. Can we put Franke Stuart in Melbourne on our PR weekend shopping tour list ?
bunz said... (11/22/05 12:29 PM) Reply
Turned out beautifully!! Enjoy the wedding.
CatherineN said... (11/22/05 10:44 AM) Reply
This is so pretty! You got a good fit and the fabric is delightful. Hand sewing gives one lots of control.
PVA said... (11/22/05 10:20 AM) Reply
Beautiful result! Thanks so much for the review, the the whole ensemble is just perfect. Very elegant!
Elona said... (11/22/05 10:13 AM) Reply
Wow, it came out beautifully! It looks terrific on you--very elegant. I love the colors.
Lori Sews said... (11/22/05 9:55 AM) Reply
The sequined fabric is so beautiful. Your ensemble looks gorgeous! You should be so proud.
Sew it seams said... (11/22/05 9:21 AM) Reply
Your dress and jacket are just beautiful. Perfect for that special day.
JDpenelope said... (11/22/05 9:10 AM) Reply
What a lot of work, but beautiful result. I, too, am learning that hand sewing can actually be a time-saving way to sew better garments.
Georgene said... (11/22/05 8:55 AM) Reply
Perfect MOB ensemble. No one will know that you had a heck of a time with it, it looks airy and beautifully effortless.
Riordan said... (11/22/05 8:34 AM) Reply
Your dress and jacket are lovely--perfect for the occasion! Wow!!!!!!
Frogstitcher said... (11/22/05 8:27 AM) Reply
The dress and jacket are stunning. All your fitting adjustments and careful stitching paid off. You look lovely.
SewVeryTall said... (11/22/05 7:53 AM) Reply
This is a beautiful outfit, so feminine...I just love the georgette jacket!
Cambric Tea said... (11/22/05 7:17 AM) Reply
The whole outfit is beautiful..And I think I want this jacket even though you've warned against it. (; It's so feminine and floaty!
GorgeousFabrics said... (11/22/05 7:09 AM) Reply
Well despite your tribulations, your final jacket turned out beautifully! Lovely job! -Ann
Geordie Girl said... (11/22/05 6:35 AM) Reply
It looks fantastic. Looks really great with the dress. It sounds like you had a lot of trouble but it was certainly worth it in the end.
Ceri590 said... (11/22/05 6:28 AM) Reply
It looks lovely and all the hard work was worth it. I am sure you would have preferred an easier way, though (-: I don't think I commented on the dress at the original review, but love the style and want to make soemthing like that for my daughter. Have fun at the wedding and congratulations to you and your son!

Lutterloh OOP Lutterloh Sup175 #267