Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3377 (Tunics)

Reviewed by:Debra H

About Debra Hstarstarstarstar
NC USA
Member since: 7/16/04
Posted on:11/26/05 1:22 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
Hilary said... (12/1/05 4:33 PM) Reply
This looks much better than the drawings! Thanks for the tips!
sherri2sew said... (11/28/05 7:02 AM) Reply
Everything you make is lovely!
touran said... (11/27/05 12:22 PM) Reply
That's beautiful fabric for this top. I think it makes look so much more chic than the drawing would indicate.
AnneM said... (11/27/05 8:50 AM) Reply
Nice top. Great use of the print. Really nice looking tunic top.
Danvillegirl said... (11/27/05 6:52 AM) Reply
Nice tunic. Like the border treatment you chose.
Debra H said... (11/26/05 10:35 PM) Reply
About question related to full bust adjustment...I added about 3/8"" to the center front piece starting at the hem and going up past the bust and then tapering to zero about 1" from the shoulder seam. Hope that helps...
Lori Sews said... (11/26/05 10:16 PM) Reply
Debra, this tunic is gorgeous!
Mary Stiefer said... (11/26/05 9:30 PM) Reply
Another beautiful piece of clothing.
BjP said... (11/26/05 9:28 PM) Reply
Your top looks great. I am wondering on what pattern piece did you make the FBA? Thanks for the heads up about it but now I can't figure out which piece (front or gusset) to adjust.
Sherril Miller said... (11/26/05 9:04 PM) Reply
I just noticed that you say you made a size 14/16. Does this mean the pattern isn't KS's regular sized xs - xl? Are they now using the Big4 sizing?
Sherril Miller said... (11/26/05 8:58 PM) Reply
I loved this pattern when it first came out. Thanks for reviewing it and thanks for the heads up about needing a FBA. Your border print really made this a cute top.
mamacita said... (11/26/05 6:49 PM) Reply
This is as beautiful top and very RTW. I avidly read new reviews and look for yours! I am coming back to sewing for myself after a many year hiatus and it is reviews like this one that are encouraging me to try some of the new Kwik Sews. My collection is beyond ancient! Thanks!
mamacita said... (11/26/05 6:47 PM) Reply
This is a beautiful top and very RTW. I avidly read new reviews and look for yours! I am coming back to sewing for myself after a many year hiatus and it is reviews like this one that are encouraging me to try some of the new Kwik Sews. My collection is beyond ancient! Thanks!
CarolynGM said... (11/26/05 6:15 PM) Reply
This appears to be a very nice pattern that I wouldn't have noticed without your review. I like the added ties and the way you did the border print.
Mini said... (11/26/05 5:55 PM) Reply
I was wondering about this pattern, so thanks for reviewing it. Your tunic turned out really well! I have some traditional Indian "kurta" tops, with gussets and panels, that are cut in a similar way, and have been wanting to sew some copies. This looks like a good place to start.
G_l_e_n_d_a said... (11/26/05 3:21 PM) Reply
What a great way to use the border! I have some in my stash that I haven't quite known what I wanted to do with. You have given me some great inspiration.
Lou. said... (11/26/05 2:00 PM) Reply
I can't wait to sew this now I know it's good to sew!!
beangirl said... (11/26/05 1:53 PM) Reply
As usual, you've made a beautiful piece of clothing. You must be the best-dressed woman in town with all the lovely things you make!

Pin-up Girls 1230