Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> Nirvana Twinset (Nirvana Twinset)

Reviewed by:SewingSkater

About SewingSkaterstarstar
MI USA
Member since: 1/5/05
Posted on:11/30/05 8:43 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 6 people    Very Helpful by 23 people

ScotSkipper said... (8/21/06 12:45 PM) Reply
Thanks for the tip on neckline interfacing.
sew obsessed said... (12/2/05 9:01 AM) Reply
Very, very cute. The ribbon is a very nice touch. Thanks for your review. Michelle
milwaukee_kelly said... (12/2/05 8:29 AM) Reply
This is a great set; great job! It looks very Breakfast at Tiffany's glam.
hongkongshopper said... (12/1/05 11:58 PM) Reply
Fabulous! Your colour choice and the leopard ribbon are great! And we all love HP reviews!!!
SewingSkater said... (12/1/05 5:47 PM) Reply
Ann - I had thought about that, too. My only concern was what to do at the 90 degree corners. I am sure it would work, I was just too lazy to figure it out! Sherril - I think this would be a great jacket for an "apple". The boxy shape of it will give a longer line to the middle, and the contrast bands will draw the eyes up to the face. I would pair it with a good pair of bootcut pants for the best look. :)
Sherril Miller said... (12/1/05 4:45 PM) Reply
What a very stylish twin set. I'd love to have it, wonder if it'd work for an apple shaped gal like me?
GorgeousFabrics said... (12/1/05 2:36 PM) Reply
Very lovely! I'm wondering (I haven't seen the pattern yet) if you could sew the contrast and the facing together, then serge them to the body of the sweater together, rather than stitch in the ditch. That is how it would be done in most RTW. Is that clear as mud? -Ann
Queendom said... (12/1/05 12:37 PM) Reply
Too, too cute! I'm going to order it. I've been such a chicken waiting for everyone else to try HP first!
SewingSkater said... (12/1/05 11:52 AM) Reply
Thanks Gorgene for reminding me to mention that... I had thought about angling the ends but then for some reason cut them blunt. I lit a tealight and ran the ends of the ribbon close to the edge of the flame, melting the poly just enough so they didn't fray. I might go back and angle them, though.
TarheelSewer said... (12/1/05 11:38 AM) Reply
Very nice and great detailed review! Looks like another one to order!
Lorna C. Newman said... (12/1/05 11:21 AM) Reply
You are such an enabler ... I had resisted this one the first time around, but I may have to give in after Christmas... argh!!!!
Georgene said... (12/1/05 10:51 AM) Reply
Very cute set! You might want to angle the ends of your ribbon so it doesnt fray. I have been eyeing that ribbon at my local independant fabric store. I love the little touch of wild.
SewingSkater said... (12/1/05 10:41 AM) Reply
Thanks everyone for the wonderful comments! You've all made me feel better about the leopard print ribbon! :)
Deb Fox said... (12/1/05 10:15 AM) Reply
I wasn't going to order any of these patterns for a while, but your twinset just looks fabulous! I have lots of knits I would like to use up and can think of a couple of combinations for this set! I think you did a wonderful job, and the leopard ribbon looks great. It adds a real couture touch to the piece, and makes it even trendier. Keep up the good work. I always enjoy reading your reviews. You do awesome work.
Gigi Louis said... (12/1/05 8:29 AM) Reply
Leslie, it looks great! This is one of the patterns I ordered last night. I have two gorgeous pieces of wool doubleknit earmarked for it (red and chocolate brown). I was worried it might be too boxy but it has a very nice shape.
Leora said... (12/1/05 8:28 AM) Reply
The lines hit you perfectly everywhere and I love the sleeves with the band finish. It is great to know you didn't make any mods and it fit fine. Another great piece in your ever expanding wardrobe.
Harriet Rogers said... (12/1/05 8:20 AM) Reply
Fabulous: love the cool ties: you have a great top!
kethry said... (12/1/05 8:16 AM) Reply
I am glad you reviewed this. I am iffy on boxy tops, but this looks great! I love your choice of fabrics and the leopard ties look great! Oo la la....
AnneM said... (12/1/05 7:34 AM) Reply
Real cute. That looks even better than the pattern drawing.
Barbara at Cat Fur Studio said... (12/1/05 7:24 AM) Reply
Wonderful! I think your ties add a perfect finishing touch.
Sew Little Thyme said... (12/1/05 7:02 AM) Reply
Great job! This turned out very cute! This has been on my "maybe" list but now that I see how cute it is I am going to have to move it to the "must have" list. Thanks SS! By the way the ties are very cute & even with the plain side showing. It looks to match the tan very well!
appleC said... (12/1/05 6:51 AM) Reply
You look beautiful in that sweater, much much better than the pattern drawing.
Linda E. said... (12/1/05 6:42 AM) Reply
great review cute sweater... I have this pattern now to get busy sewing it up.
Geri Lynn said... (12/1/05 6:07 AM) Reply
Very sharp looking! Great job.
Nickle said... (12/1/05 6:03 AM) Reply
Looks very nice on you. Enjoyed your review.
ClaireC said... (12/1/05 6:01 AM) Reply
This is way too cute. Thanks for taking the challenge to make it up and review it. Yes, I'll be ordering also. The leopard ties look good and I don't like animal prints. ;o) PS. I like your new picture
Danvillegirl said... (12/1/05 5:29 AM) Reply
I am glad to see your review. I wish I had purchased this pattern. I bought the Coco Twinset. I think it will make up okay too. My concern was fabric so glad to read you used a cotton knit. I think the jacket looks good on you and I like your ribbon ties.
CarolynGM said... (12/1/05 5:25 AM) Reply
Very nice sweater - I especially like the contrast. How wonderful that it fit so well without alterations.
jlg said... (12/1/05 4:51 AM) Reply
This twinset is so adorable. Thanks for the review.
KathleenS said... (12/1/05 4:13 AM) Reply
I actually like the single-face ties - it adds another ingredient to the mix. Very stylish boutiquey top.
nibs'n'needles said... (12/1/05 1:12 AM) Reply
Very cute! Great color choices.
Modiste Madness said... (12/1/05 0:35 AM) Reply
Wonderful sweater and I love the fun leopard print ties. It is a great design detail. It looks great on you too.
drsue said... (11/30/05 10:56 PM) Reply
Looks fabulous! Great job. Even cuter than the fashion drawing.
PVA said... (11/30/05 10:17 PM) Reply
Thanks for this review & ditto to all the above comments. Love it -- this HP is going to be around for a loooooong time!
diane s said... (11/30/05 10:16 PM) Reply
Thank you for the review...I was hoping someone would.... your top is stylish and looks great on you!
Katharine in BXL said... (11/30/05 10:13 PM) Reply
This is so cool... you're right, the leopard print really sets it off.
beangirl said... (11/30/05 9:55 PM) Reply
Brilliant! And I sort of like the single-faced ribbon, gives it a little extra kick.
zeoplum said... (11/30/05 9:48 PM) Reply
I bet when they re-open for orders, this one will sell out again! You've made it even more appealing than it already was. Thanks for hurrying up and finishing. I saw your post on the mesg board and knew you were working on it so I'm glad to see it. Looks great...and I really love the ribbon ties! Gives it a lot of Vavoom. :-)
Mary Stiefer said... (11/30/05 9:31 PM) Reply
Well done. I like the leopard ties.
Lori V said... (11/30/05 9:15 PM) Reply
Great job, very cute.
touran said... (11/30/05 9:05 PM) Reply
Very pretty.
Vonnevo said... (11/30/05 9:02 PM) Reply
Hot :))) Totally fabulous. Thanks for a wonderful review.
Tailypo said... (11/30/05 8:52 PM) Reply
Wonderful!
jemgirlca said... (11/30/05 8:49 PM) Reply
Thanks SS, I'm glad I get to be the first to leave a comment!! (darn, Mary beat me...) Anyway, It looks great and I love the leopard ribbons. I'm going to get this pattern on my next order, thanks to you!! :) I can see this being cute in lots of different color combinations and even with prints. So fun!! Good job on being so speedy getting this made up. Now I want to see the next pattern!! lol
Mary Reed said... (11/30/05 8:48 PM) Reply
WOW!!! Fabulous sweater - great fit and details. Your fabric choice was wonderful. Great review.

Ottobre Design Magazine 04-2010-7

by: jent

Favorite Things Uptown Coat Pattern

Favorite Things Uptown Coat Pattern

Jamie Christina Pretty Ditty Apron Pattern (JC303PD)

Jamie Christina Pretty Ditty Apron Pattern (JC303PD)