Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> Nairobi Bag (Nairobi Bag)

Viewed 2026 times
Reviewed by:Patti B

About Patti Bstarstarstarstar
Member since: 9/29/02

Posted on:12/4/05 0:15 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
ELLEN said... (10/20/07 10:47 PM) Reply
Could you tell me where to get this pattern.
jazzilady said... (2/21/06 2:45 PM) Reply
jazzilady said... (2/21/06 8:55 AM) Reply
Thank you for the great review. I want to make this bag, but can't find the pattern. I even wrote to hotpatterns.com, and they told me it was no longer available. Update: I got a copy, thanks everyone!
Deepika said... (12/18/05 10:46 AM) Reply
Lovely handbag and thanks for the suggestions. How did you make the bag smaller?
hongkongshopper said... (12/6/05 3:17 PM) Reply
One of my favourite of the many great Nairobi bags made!
ktsews2 said... (12/5/05 6:53 PM) Reply
I love your bag and the Raku touch makes it really unique. I tried to download the pattern but had difficulty and when I tried again, alas it was gone. I hope they make the pattern available via, "Handbag Heaven". All of the bags that have been reviewed are really beautiful. Makes me jealous!
cboots said... (12/5/05 12:26 PM) Reply
What a clever twist on this bag to use the pendant and strap! Great purse!
Danvillegirl said... (12/5/05 4:22 AM) Reply
Patti, your purse looks great! :-) I like the strap and the raku pendant. Very helpful information you provided. I have got to make this purse.
Lori V said... (12/4/05 8:47 PM) Reply
Gorgeous purse
drsue said... (12/4/05 2:03 PM) Reply
Wow! This if fabulous! I may have to give this a try.
touran said... (12/4/05 10:49 AM) Reply
Great review. I love all the details on your bag. It looks like you have a workshop from all the photos!
Linda E. said... (12/4/05 10:02 AM) Reply
I love you bag you design is really cool. There is so many different versions of the bag here. Maybe Trudy could create a gallery of the different versions.
purpleseamstress said... (12/4/05 9:47 AM) Reply
love the bag! Very professional!
Stacy Sews said... (12/4/05 9:31 AM) Reply
Great fabric choices! I love how you used your stash. Nice job.
Gigi Louis said... (12/4/05 8:47 AM) Reply
Beautiful! You are very resourceful. :-) I, for one, never get tired of seeing another Nairobi review. What a creative bunch we have here.
JDpenelope said... (12/4/05 8:29 AM) Reply
Your downsized version is great. I like everything you did. I also tried to download it, but it's now gone. Not sure I'm up to all of the work, so it's ok!
ClaireC said... (12/4/05 6:10 AM) Reply
Great purse and informative review.
2BSewing said... (12/4/05 5:33 AM) Reply
Your bag is beautiful. Enjoyed your review and your photos were very helpful. You provided some wonderful ideas.
bunz said... (12/4/05 4:42 AM) Reply
Turned out beautifully! Thanks for all the details in your review. If you coated the pendant w clear nail polish (or something), would that smooth it?
Frosty772 said... (12/4/05 2:14 AM) Reply
This bag is awesome !! I love it!! Perfect christmas gift !! Sadly Hotpatterns isnt offering the pattern anymore. Is there anyone who would be willing to share their copy? I want one if these !!
MaryBeth said... (12/4/05 1:10 AM) Reply
Great little bag!! Love that raku, too. Really neat fabrics when put all together, inspiring. Thanks for an excellent, idea-filled review and photos.
Tailypo said... (12/4/05 0:58 AM) Reply
What a helpful review! And aren't you resourceful? Your old jeans and dress have recycled beautifully.

by: VivianZ