Mood Fabrics

HI USA
Posted on:9/16/02 9:17 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
valerie sews said... (10/31/03 3:48 AM) Reply
I have sewn this pattern and also had to correct the way it is drafted at the bust. I think it it designed for someone with a narrow rib cage and big boobs...thanks for the review.
Lou. said... (3/22/03 11:32 AM) Reply
Dale, where did you get this fabric? I love it....I spied it first on your son's shirt? It's great!
Dale C said... (3/17/03 7:32 PM) Reply
Linda, you can purchase stay tape on the notions rack at any sewing store. It keeps seams from stretching out of shape. It comes in handy for these low vee-necklines that would normally fall open and show all. I did take in the shoulders and armholes vertically, as well as doing a petite adjustment. I think if you remember to check the measurements of the pattern to your body measurements, you won't have the same problems. I just followed the envelope so it was a mess. You'll probably end up sewing a size or two smaller with this pattern. Good luck.
Linda Duffy said... (3/17/03 2:40 AM) Reply
Dale, this is one of the first patterns I bought when I took up sewing again a year ago. I've wanted to try it, so your comments are *really* helpful. Thank you! Would you please explain to me what "stay tape" is? I am a "B/C cup" and am not sure if I would have a gaping problem, but I'd like to be ready just in case;) Also, when you say you took the shoulders and armhole in 1/2", do you mean vertically? (I'm also "petite"--not tiny, just a short medium-sized mom:)
said... (11/13/02 11:23 AM) Reply
I agree that the dress in its final form looks good. May I suggest transfering all the alteration (plus notes such as stay tape to the original pattern and then retracing to a new perfect pattern that you can use again with confidence? That way, when more suitable great fabric is available, you can use the new pattern and sew a great dress much more quickly. And remember, you are the sewist, if you have to vear from the pattern directions to get a good final product, it is perfectly OK!
said... (9/17/02 3:52 PM) Reply
Thanks all. I know most of us who sew our own clothes are somewhat perfectionist. That's me. It's probably because I know all the little things that went wrong with this darn pattern and can still see the areas that aren't perfect. I'm glad no one else notices the imperfections.
said... (9/17/02 2:27 AM) Reply
Dale, what are you not happy with? The fit appears to look pretty good in the photo!
said... (9/17/02 2:27 AM) Reply
Dale, what are you not happy with? The fit appears to look pretty good in the phtot.
said... (9/16/02 2:14 PM) Reply
Hey, Dale, I agree with Rustybobn, it is a very cute dress.
said... (9/16/02 1:20 PM) Reply
I think it looks great! Sometimes when I have a bad experience, I back at the pattern enevelope. In this one, the model is sort of leaning a bit but the dress isn't. I'm thinking she has some double-sided tape in there or something. Good thing you had the sewing knowhow to fix the top! Thanks for the tips!
said... (9/16/02 11:20 AM) Reply
Well, it may have been a pain, but it sure is cute! Thanks for sharing!
said... (9/16/02 9:54 AM) Reply
That fabric is great fun! Thanks for the review.

Vintage Pattern Lending Library T5918