Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 3595 (Jean Style Jacket)

Reviewed by:Gina Silva

About Gina Silvastar
WA USA
UnVerified member
Posted on:9/16/02 3:33 PM
Last Updated:10/10/02 2:34 PM

Roberta Johnson said... (7/8/03 1:46 AM) Reply
I bought this pattern a while ago, but didn't realize what a need sleeve treatment it had. Having tried to do some set in sleeves on a lining for a jacket (the jacket sleeves were ok, the lining sleeves for some reason [fabric maybe] are driving me nuts) I bought about 5 patterns at Joanne's 76% off on Vogue sale last weekend (although this was Butterick at 50% off). Realized today I had already purchased it but had not paid attention to arm detail before but specifically bought it on Satiurday because I wanted to avoid set in sleeves. I am about to make it in some "sateen" stretch denim I bought for 3.00 a yard -- if it does not turn out I am not out for much $, but from your review I think it will be great! Thanks for giving me confidence to try it! Roberta PS -- I may also do a second one but do back seam on fold so I could embroider a design on back yoke.
said... (9/16/02 5:32 PM) Reply
Hi Gina: I just bought this pattern at the 99 cents sale too! I thought it had lots of style and could be used for combining different fabrics, since it had a lot of inset pieces. Glad to hear it went together easy. I would love to see a picture of it.
Click here if you wish to edit your comment
said... (9/16/02 4:17 PM) Reply
That looks like a nice, easy, but fashionable pattern! I found it on www.1sewingpatterns.com- maybe Deepika will kindly add the link to the review! Would love to see a picture of it too-
Click here if you wish to edit your comment