Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 6926 (wedding gown)

Reviewed by:PhyllisC

Last Updated:5/26/05 4:47 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 5 people

Sweater knit fabrics

alviana said... (12/22/08 7:39 AM) Reply
beautiful! she's very lucky!
Bobinator said... (6/22/07 6:07 PM) Reply
How pretty! Your SIL was lucky you made such a pretty dress for her!!!! Nice job.
AnneM said... (5/14/07 6:21 PM) Reply
Lovely dress. (Gotta love these side bar rotating reviews.) Great wedding present.
HeyPat said... (11/3/05 2:11 PM) Reply
Thank you for your review! I'm thinking of making this dress and on the Butterick photo, the bodice seems to not fit that nicely. Did the waist stays help that? Does the Kahlje book cover how to do those? Did you use silk underlining & lining for look and feel? or just feel? THANKS!
moushka said... (11/2/05 9:52 AM) Reply
This is a work of art! Thanks for sharing the lovely pictures. Looking forward to seeing the flowergirl dresses. You're an awesome seamstress!
Ann Margaret said... (5/27/05 8:30 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress. I love your "something blue"
Nickle said... (5/27/05 5:38 AM) Reply
Beautiful- I love the bead and lace work.
GorgeousFabrics said... (5/26/05 7:55 PM) Reply
Wow Phyllis, that is just gorgeous! What a lovely present. You're such a good SIL!!! -Ann
els said... (5/26/05 6:42 PM) Reply
The weddingdress you made for your SIL is beautifull.Thanks for the picture and review.Hope you can find the pics from the flower girls too.
Princess Jenny said... (5/26/05 4:59 PM) Reply
Wow! I'm speechless. It would be my greatest aspiration to someday be able to create something as truely lovely as that. Incredibly gorgeous.
said... (9/17/02 0:41 AM) Reply
Phyllis, I agree with Gigi completely. You are a Hero in my eyes too!
said... (9/17/02 0:13 AM) Reply
Lovely, lovely, lovely! What a special keepsake to have created for someone!
said... (9/16/02 6:15 PM) Reply
The bride is actually now my sister-in-law....but hopefully, I will be able someday do the the same for my daughters, who are the two younger flower girls in the photos.
said... (9/16/02 6:10 PM) Reply
It is a work of art as well as a gesture of great love, she is so lucky to have you as her mom. congrat's to YOU all.
said... (9/16/02 6:02 PM) Reply
Simply beautiful. I will have to put this book on my wish list. It will be a good investment with 4 dds.
said... (9/16/02 4:36 PM) Reply
What a beautiful gown! Anyone who would tackle what I term "fussy sewing" (i.e. formal- and bridalwear!) is a hero in my book. Thanks for sharing your creation with us.
said... (9/16/02 4:02 PM) Reply
Beautiful. I made two of my daughter's gowns and I can appreciate you time investment. I was able to attend Susan's Bridal Gown school when I started my first gown. Her book is alot like her classes. I know your daughter will treasure her gown forever. (I did not even think of sewing my oldest daughter's gown when she got married. She has told me she is jealous that she does not have such a special dress.)
said... (9/16/02 3:55 PM) Reply
Beautiful Gown! That book is really terrific for formalwear. I have it too and I wish I could go to one of those seminars as well.

by: atymonw