Pattern Reviews> Onion> 3011 (bell skirt)

Reviewed by:MariaDenmark

About MariaDenmarkstarstar
DENMARK
Member since: 5/13/03
Posted on:12/11/05 3:53 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
Christelle Lachapelle said... (12/28/05 9:10 PM) Reply
MAria, It's a great outfit. Congrats on getting it done in time to wear to the party! Christelle
Asa Hagstrom said... (12/17/05 4:03 AM) Reply
What a cute outfit, Maria! I like how the flower print ties everything together.
Karin Mantefors said... (12/12/05 12:52 PM) Reply
Onion pattern amazes me, they look kind of ordinary when seeing the drawings, but when you use them they really stand out and your skirt showes that too.
guillorypr said... (12/12/05 9:50 AM) Reply
Taht is gorgeous. What inspiration, to make such a super outfit at the last minute!
kethry said... (12/12/05 8:53 AM) Reply
this looks great. and i liked reading your 'story' in the review. I love the flower detail. even though yours is a fabric detail, I imagine I could embroider to get the same result. Great job!
AnneM said... (12/12/05 7:04 AM) Reply
Beautiful. I really like the pattern lines, and your embellishments made a stunning outfit.
ClaireC said... (12/12/05 6:26 AM) Reply
I love the outfit. The silver topstitching and flowers are the perfect touch. Cute skirt. Thank you for reviewing
Linda E. said... (12/12/05 6:22 AM) Reply
Ditto to all that everyone else has said . I love you skirt the silver is beautiful. you look beautiful in your outfit.
Liana said... (12/11/05 7:22 PM) Reply
Beautiful outfit! I love the print detail. You look very chic. BTW, I think we would probably call the hip-piece a yoke.
sewcrazy52 said... (12/11/05 6:48 PM) Reply
It sounds like you understand both metric and imperial measures! Nice skirt!! Metric is NOT that hard to understand. We've been doing it in Canda for at least 20 years, AND NO ONE is fighting it any more!!
Pam Z said... (12/11/05 6:45 PM) Reply
I love your skirt too! How did you add the flower motif? Is it embroidery?
MB at YarnUiPhoneApp said... (12/11/05 6:10 PM) Reply
Gorgeous. Looks like ready to wear. btw, you mentioned you had problems with the silver thread. Did you use another thread in the bobbin? That's one of the tricks to using silver thread.
PVA said... (12/11/05 6:04 PM) Reply
Ditto to all of the above! I think your outfit is very elegant! I'm not likely to go out looking for a pattern with Danish instructions, but I'll certainly be on the lookout for a nice little flower motif!
Nickle said... (12/11/05 5:21 PM) Reply
Great looking outfit. Also love the motifs.
sewfan said... (12/11/05 4:51 PM) Reply
Wow! Beautiful outfit and you look smashing in it. Nice job! Pam
drsue said... (12/11/05 4:40 PM) Reply
Very, very pretty. And I love the matching motifs.
CarolynGM said... (12/11/05 4:22 PM) Reply
Beautiful skirt. The touches of silver really dress it up.
GorgeousFabrics said... (12/11/05 4:18 PM) Reply
I love it!!! You look fantastic in your skirt. I really like the flower print, and the silvery hose! -Ann
Gigi Louis said... (12/11/05 4:07 PM) Reply
Maria, it's gorgeous! I love the silver accents, silver thread - the entire outfit is just beautiful! I'm so glad I ordered this pattern even if I haven't had the time to sew it yet. It's obviously a good one.
clare said... (12/11/05 4:06 PM) Reply
Fantastic skirt! I love the shape and the flower detail. The whole outfit looks fantastic on you and really suits your figure!

Sewing Workshop Soho Coat Pattern