Online Sewing Class: Altering Jackets

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3113 (Toddlers Jacket & Pants)

Reviewed by:Leslie in Austin

About Leslie in Austinstarstarstarstar
TX USA
Member since: 1/30/03
Posted on:12/23/05 4:21 PM
Last Updated:12/28/05 1:18 PM

See other patterns in this category: Kids(boys & girls)

Other Projects by Leslie in Austin using this Pattern

photophoto

Sweater knit fabrics

PVA said... (12/28/05 2:40 PM) Reply
Wow, Leslie, I can only echo all the comments on both these darling jeans! Your workmanship is that of a master.
kwpanthermom said... (12/28/05 1:22 PM) Reply
You did an incredible job on this project! Just adorable!
Harriet Rogers said... (12/26/05 11:05 AM) Reply
Leslie: I'm with Irina: skip intermediate: you are advanced, lady!! This is a gorgeous outfit that looks so much better than anything found in even the finest stores. Lucky, lucky niece and congratulations on a really superb job.
Cecile Owens said... (12/24/05 12:23 PM) Reply
Fantastic, detailed review-kudos to you. Your niece is a very lucky (and stylish) little lady.
elizat said... (12/24/05 10:12 AM) Reply
So cute! You did a great job.
Lori Sews said... (12/24/05 8:35 AM) Reply
Leslie, these are so cute. Your niece is going to be the cutest kid there. :) How do you find the time to whip up these fabulous gifts?
JDpenelope said... (12/24/05 8:00 AM) Reply
Your skill and motivation paid off in spades. There's no way I'd attempt a project like your beautifully detailed Rose Bowl outfit. (I also don't like sewing under a deadline, but well, at Christmas, it happens.) Great job.
ClaireC said... (12/24/05 6:44 AM) Reply
Leslie, those jeans are fantastic. Your niece will be the Belle of the ball watching the game with you. I can't say enough good things about how wonderful those jeans are and how professional they came out. You go girl! Since we are Cowboys fans in this house, we'll root for your team on New Year's Day. ;o) Darn it...we won't be dressed as cute as your niece however.
Lori V said... (12/23/05 11:01 PM) Reply
These look precious. Your dn will be the best dressed for the Rose Bowl event.
Jennifer shaw said... (12/23/05 10:53 PM) Reply
They are incredible, Leslie! Wow all of that topstitching and work that you have put into these mini jeans, now that is really impressive. What a lucky little niece to have such a talented and wonderful aunt like you.
milwaukee_kelly said... (12/23/05 9:55 PM) Reply
wow... wow. very nice Leslie!
Aixoise said... (12/23/05 7:58 PM) Reply
Absolutely true about the time-consuming nature of sewing jeans and jean jackets. I did the K-S jacket for my DGD and had 3 machines set up: Pfaff for twin-needle; Featherweight for the straight stitching; serger for the finish work. Took forever but results are worth it. You are truly beyond any level of beginner.
PhyllisC said... (12/23/05 7:28 PM) Reply
Truly a spectacular project motivated by love! I hear you on the topstitching - I've been there all right ! :O}
CarolynGM said... (12/23/05 7:09 PM) Reply
What! You still haven't promoted yourself!? Skip intermediate please and jump straight to advanced. After you've done that, do please photograph her in her Rose Bowl outfit and post it for us.
Leora said... (12/23/05 6:46 PM) Reply
Now there's a perfect Rose Bowl outfit! You deserve a sewing vacation after everthing you've created this month. So adorable! Go UT!!!
joan said... (12/23/05 6:20 PM) Reply
Leslie, your workmanship is top drawer. I think your are more than an advanced beginner. I have been seeing lots of gifts sewn by you lately that are very RTW. I also recently finished a jean jacket for a 6 YO, so I am with you........the unending topstitching is a drag. I finally pulled out an old Singer stored in a closet and did my regular stitching on that and just left my other machine set up for top stitching.
Pecan said... (12/23/05 5:28 PM) Reply
I am amazed at the amount of patience these little cuties must have taken. Kudos to both the jacket and jeans..I sure do hope they last a long time on their intended recepient. This has really given me hope that one day I will be able to accomplish something like these.
Nickle said... (12/23/05 4:36 PM) Reply
Those are just adorable and look better than RTW. Shes going to look so cute in her jacket and pants. take a pic.
MaryBeth said... (12/23/05 4:32 PM) Reply
Very RTW, Leslie. Isn't the jeans styling such a PITA? But you've preserved and are finished for the time being. They look fabulous, too! with that darling rosebud and all those miles of topstitiching. Whew, and now have a Merry Christmas!

Understanding Wool Fabrics