Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3085 (Misses' Jackets)

Reviewed by:Diana Lawton

About Diana Lawtonstar
MA USA
Posted on:9/18/02 0:49 AM
Last Updated:9/18/02 0:55 AM
See other patterns in this category: Vests    Coat/Jacket    Suits / Separates    Skirts    Outerwear
said... (9/18/02 6:32 PM) Reply
Deepika, I talked about my pocket problem on Gigi's expert forum ("Sewing on Fleece"). Pinking then sewing didn't look good with the thin microfleece I was using; this technique worked beautifully on the Polarfleece remnants I had. And the binding idea is great! I wish I'd thought of that because I love the paisley lining. :)
said... (9/18/02 2:38 PM) Reply
Here are a couple more pocket ideas for fleece.....pinking the edges and topstich to jacket, or binding them and edgestich them to the jacket. Your jacket looks great!
said... (9/18/02 1:17 PM) Reply
Thanks, everyone, for the nice words. :) Deepika, yes, the fleece came from JoAnn's -- I decided to use a cheaper fleece for my first jacket before cutting into my good stuff from Malden Mills. Rennie, I like the serger idea -- serging makes fleece so much more fun! Unfortunately, I don't have one. And I like that lining idea ... it's also an attractive touch should anyone look into my pockets. ;-)
said... (9/18/02 12:10 PM) Reply
Diana, this is a wonderful jacket. What a beautiful color! Thanks for the tips. Rennie, great ideas for the pockets, too!
said... (9/18/02 11:32 AM) Reply
Looks good to me. I love your suggestion of using stretch cord. [Excuse to go buy more fabric;-)] I've not sewn with fleece much but have 2 suggestions for those pockets. 1-Go around the pocket edges with a decorative thread (like a yarn) in the serger loopers and adjusting tensions to do a blanket stitch, serging the seam allowances off. Then, attach to jacket. 2-Facing the pockets with a thin fabric ,like a broadcloth, then turning.
said... (9/18/02 9:03 AM) Reply
Diana, your jacket came out great! I love the color.
said... (9/18/02 4:49 AM) Reply
Hi Diana, Great jacket. Did you get that fleece from Joanns? Also what was the problem with the pockets which you are talking about?
said... (9/18/02 1:17 AM) Reply
Diana--What a nice looking jacket!
said... (9/18/02 0:59 AM) Reply
Diana, your jacket is beautiful! I LOVE that color! How helpful of you to make the fabric recommendations as you did.

by: cleverkitt...