Pattern Reviews> Burda> 8121 (Knit jacket)

Reviewed by:drsue

Last Updated:12/31/05 3:21 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
See other patterns in this category: Vests    Tops

hongkongshopper said... (3/31/06 2:02 AM) Reply
That is just gorgeous. I have been eyeing off that pattern. I think I might just have to get it! I have some blue eyelash fabric, and a blue dress already made....better go and see if they match!
Debbie Cook said... (1/2/06 8:50 AM) Reply
Very cute and you have the shape to wear this flatteringly! Me, I'd look like Fuzzy Wuzzy. :-)
Neefer said... (1/1/06 2:01 PM) Reply
Wow. NIce job. I would never have considered that because like CLF said, "No agaiin hooker here". It looks great.
Karla Kizer said... (1/1/06 9:41 AM) Reply
What a perfect little jacket. DD needs something to wear over her new cocktail dress, so I'll show her this one. It's great! Note to self: avoid "aging hooker" patterns...
Danvillegirl said... (1/1/06 8:55 AM) Reply
Neat! I really like how this turned out. Interesting fabric!
jlg said... (12/31/05 6:14 PM) Reply
Adorable. What fun it would be to wear this jacket.
Schnauzer said... (12/31/05 6:11 PM) Reply
What a gorgeous little jacket! I love the fabric.
PVA said... (12/31/05 6:08 PM) Reply
Love your shrug! (Also, love what I can see of your dress!) Thanks for the review! I'm really getting the urge to try some of the sweater knits -- they all look so comfy-cozy.
Tiner W said... (12/31/05 4:53 PM) Reply
Oh, that's so pretty. I was so not interested in this pattern until I saw your jacket!
KarmenG said... (12/31/05 4:37 PM) Reply
Really, really pretty!!!
BjP said... (12/31/05 4:34 PM) Reply
Fabulous!
Frogstitcher said... (12/31/05 4:30 PM) Reply
I love it! I never would have chosen this pattern for myself but your review has made me want it.
Seaspur said... (12/31/05 4:00 PM) Reply
Oh my! that is absolutely gorgeous.
MaryBeth said... (12/31/05 3:48 PM) Reply
I'd love to see this neckline on you, any chance of a photo with you wearing it? It's a darling sweater!
PhyllisC said... (12/31/05 3:46 PM) Reply
That's adorable - very 70's English punk. All you need is your short spiky boots and tartan mini and you're ready to rock!
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (12/31/05 3:33 PM) Reply
WOW!! Fabulous shrug and fabric. I have this pattern too but am afraid of sweater knits. Thanks for all your tips. Have fun !!
Lori V said... (12/31/05 3:27 PM) Reply
Great looking jacket/shrug. Like the fabric, have fun at your party.
MB at YarnUiPhoneApp said... (12/31/05 3:23 PM) Reply
Just think how much cheaper and easier this was to sew than to knit. Even though I know how to knit and crochet, I tell you I'm having a heyday sewing knits and no one can tell the difference. I'll put this pattern on my wish list.
Patti B said... (12/31/05 3:20 PM) Reply
Darn, I wish I had this pattern! I have the red version of this shaggy dog fabric -- what a great use for it. Have fun tonight!
CarolynGM said... (12/31/05 3:08 PM) Reply
Your top is 10 times cuter than the ones on the pattern envelope. It looks just perfect over the dress. Thanks for the tip on the button made of beads -- what a clever idea.
Sherril Miller said... (12/31/05 2:35 PM) Reply
That fabric is wonderful for this pattern. Sorry it was such a PITA. I'm sure you look great wearing it and that dress is cute too.
jemgirlca said... (12/31/05 2:32 PM) Reply
So, so cute!! I love it Sue!! I was going to get this pattern awhile ago, but never did, but will now that I've seen yours. I agree that yours is cuter than theirs. I wouldn't have thought of using that CE fabric, either, but really like it. Thanks for the review!
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (12/31/05 2:25 PM) Reply
Now that's just adorable! No aging hooker here, maybe whimsical and elegant.

Green Pepper 518