Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2881 (Men's shirt, shorts & trunks)

Reviewed by:Susan Parker

About Susan Parkerstar
TN
Member since: 4/14/02
Posted on:9/18/02 4:03 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Mens - Underwear    Mens - Shirts    Mens

said... (9/20/02 8:35 AM) Reply
LOVED your review! My partner is not a speedo wearer, but I appreciate the tipabout crotch width - I may make his underwear one day. I don't suppose Ks do a male Thong pattern?
said... (9/19/02 3:23 PM) Reply
Thanks to you all. My DH has volunteered to model the suit in the picture I eventually will post. I told him I was kidding and he asked "why can't I model it?". What a guy. Deepika is probably wondering if I'll EVER post a picture of anything. ;D
said... (9/18/02 10:30 PM) Reply
We are also divers, and I had a hard time finding a good Speedo-style suit for my DF (that's Dear Fiance). Thanks for the review & details!
said... (9/18/02 9:20 PM) Reply
Susan, thank you for the detailed review. It is very helpful. I found that the men's briefs pattern KS2224 also runs wide in the crotch, perhaps it is a KS feature.
said... (9/18/02 5:05 PM) Reply
Good review of this kind of suit, Susan! My DH, a long-time diver, will wear no other type (ever try to stuff one of those "front-butters," as you so cleverly call them into a wet suit?!!!). Of course, you can put them to other uses: When our son was a gross teenager, he used to delight in getting into the hot tub in his big, billowing shorts and making a kind of raucous symphony out of squeezing the air out of those things as he sat down. Since, out here in So. Calif, men generally would rather DIE than show up in a Speedo, I really appreciate the review of this pattern.
said... (9/18/02 5:03 PM) Reply
Good review of this kind of suit, Susan! My DH, a long-time diver, will wear no other type (ever try to stuff one of those "front-butters," as you so cleverly call them) into a wet suit?!!! Of course, you can put them to other uses: When our son was a gross teenager, he used to delight in getting into the hot tub in his big, billowing shorts and making a kind of raucous symphony out of squeezing the air out of those things as he sat down. Since, out here in So. Calif, men generally would rather DIE than show up in a Speedo, I really appreciate the review of this pattern.

More Knits