Online Sewing Class: Understanding Wool Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Burda> 9746 (Boardshorts)

Viewed 1977 times
Reviewed by:Sew4Fun

About Sew4Funstarstarstarstar
AUSTRALIA
Member since: 6/23/04
Posted on:1/1/06 11:05 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
See other patterns in this category: Kids(boys & girls)

blanken6 said... (8/11/09 11:20 PM) Reply
That cracks me up! I've been looking for a boardshorts pattern for myself for 2 years now. When I found your post I realized I had made a pair of the longer shorts from nearly the same pattern (different company) AND was wearing them at the time! I just hadn't thought of modifying them this way... Thank you for the inspiration!
JenSedgwick said... (5/14/07 0:14 AM) Reply
These look great. I promised my girls some board shorts but have also been having trouble finding a pattern. Anyone know if these come in a smaller size?
CherylStillSews said... (8/23/06 8:30 AM) Reply
Ooh - I missed this review earlier. These are fab and I'd never have thought to look through the boys for my DD.
katieb said... (3/23/06 8:21 AM) Reply
I love the boardshorts, my DS would love a pair. I like the flaps on the front waistband, they look very professional. I wish we had Spotlight in the UK, I cannot find any patterned microfibre material over here.
Sew4Fun said... (3/2/06 3:56 AM) Reply
Thanks Hilary. No I didn't use a twin needle. For topstitching I always do two separate rows. Belinda
Hilary said... (3/1/06 5:00 PM) Reply
Wow, these look *fabulous*!! I have this pattern and my son would have a fit to see these in PINK lol (not to mention the flowers, grin)(personally I *love* the fabric) but I think the flaps you added are wonderful, and you did such a professional job on them. Thanks for the tips! We don't live near the beach, but these are still gonna be great summer wear for my 3 boys. Thanks for the review! Did you use a twin needle, if so what size (what distance between the needles I mean) Thanks!
minieme said... (1/6/06 5:00 AM) Reply
They look so professionally done! Thanks for pointing this pattern out, I have 3 boys who live in these during the summer months and I still have a stash of microfibre from Spotlight's end of summer sale last year.
Elemenopeo said... (1/2/06 1:14 PM) Reply
Look wonderful.
Karla Kizer said... (1/2/06 12:19 PM) Reply
Makes me want little kids to sew for again. Really cute.
BeckyW said... (1/2/06 12:00 PM) Reply
Very nice work!!! My DD would love them.
noreend said... (1/2/06 11:17 AM) Reply
Those look great! Thanks for pointing this pattern out. I have a stash fabric is just now screaming to be these. Thanks!
Lori V said... (1/2/06 8:08 AM) Reply
Belinda, great looking shorts. The fabric is so perfect for boardshorts and your topstitching is perfect.
Amelie said... (1/2/06 7:32 AM) Reply
Beautiful work. Great fabric. Lucky DD.
keelyb1 said... (1/2/06 2:48 AM) Reply
I love the shorts. I had to laugh - I've just bought this pattern 2 days ago for my DD as well. I recently used Burda 9898 with good results as well.
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (1/2/06 0:24 AM) Reply
So cute! Love that fabric.
zeoplum said... (1/1/06 11:22 PM) Reply
The double topstitch adds such a professional touch. I really like how they look!
Debbie Cook said... (1/1/06 11:06 PM) Reply
Belinda, These look AUSsome!! Looks like we were reviewing at the same time. I'm NOT showing these to Alex or he'll be begging for a male pair!

by: CraftAddic...