Pattern Reviews> Textile Studio> 1211 (Santa Monica Tee)

Reviewed by:Tarawebster

About Tarawebsterstar
Member since: 1/31/03
Posted on:1/2/06 4:54 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 7 people

Lori Sews said... (1/6/06 8:42 AM) Reply
Very pretty top and very pretty fabric. I love your skirt! :)
AnneM said... (1/3/06 6:37 PM) Reply
Nice top, and nice fabric. Good infor on handling the fabric, also. Love your skirt - great deal on it, and it goes great with your top.
Tarawebster said... (1/3/06 9:46 AM) Reply
Chimene, yes, I straight stictched the clear elastic on the entire neckline, and then turned it over and top stitched. I changed thread color so the topstitching wouldn't have turquoise thread on the black sleeve. (though could look nice, but I didn't trust my ability to sew a perfectly straight seam on that curve). One update....Marsha at Textile Studio, who suggests what I did with this fabric, used the fold of the doubled fabric as the hem of the tee, so she didn't have to sew a hem at all. Given my hem dilema, her solution was wiser. I'd rather have put the fold on the hem, rather than at the top of the bodice like I did.
Chimene said... (1/3/06 8:40 AM) Reply
Very nice! I was wondering about the quality of Textiles fabric. I have this pattern on my wish list and will probably buy it soon!! Question-did you straight stitch the clear elastic to the neckline and then fold over?
PixieCat said... (1/3/06 6:01 AM) Reply
Very nice and flattering too!
Tarawebster said... (1/2/06 7:17 PM) Reply
Carol SY, I didn't make the skirt, though I've looked at it hoping to copy it. I bought it on ebay from one of my favorite clothing vendors, for only $5.00.
jlg said... (1/2/06 6:59 PM) Reply
This turned out great. Thanks for pointing out this pattern; I had forgotten about it. You top inspires me to try it again.
CSY said... (1/2/06 6:35 PM) Reply
You are a great model for that pattern. Fantastic look on you. The skirt is great too. Did you make it? It looks to good to be store bought!
Barbara at Cat Fur Studio said... (1/2/06 5:50 PM) Reply
The neckline is lovely! Your T looks better than the one the model on the envelope is wearing.
Tarawebster said... (1/2/06 5:43 PM) Reply
sorry about the size of the photo. I'll work on adjusting that! Wish I could claim to have made the skirt, but I bought it from a favorite ebay vendor for $5.00!
CarolynGM said... (1/2/06 5:16 PM) Reply
Your top is just perfect for the skirt.
MB at YarnUiPhoneApp said... (1/2/06 5:03 PM) Reply
It might help to slightly resize your photo, but otherwise this is a smashing to a T. Here's another addition to my favorites list. btw, the skirt is really cute too...I've wondered about the Ella Moss knits on Textile Studios fabric site. Now I know...I've got a sample or two in my handbag right now...I just might get this at some point, even if it is pricy. Thanks for the review!
muffie11 said... (1/2/06 4:59 PM) Reply