Pattern Reviews> Wild Ginger> 00 (PMB Bootcut Jeans)

Reviewed by:Kay Y

About Kay Ystarstarstarstar
ON CANADA
Member since: 11/21/04
Posted on:1/3/06 7:57 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 12 people

Sweater knit fabrics

JustTrina said... (10/30/08 8:48 AM) Reply
I just love how they turned out, i would say you were right on target!
PMB is addictive, i had Child's Play for many years before deciding to take the plunge and not until i brought PMB4 did i actually start using them both and i am hooked. I think it great for wardrobe building while gaining skills to move on to more advance patterns. BTW, their software classes are great!
dmoonangel said... (6/3/06 2:13 AM) Reply
Those look really fantastic on you. It seems like a perfect fit!
Kelly D. said... (1/6/06 3:40 PM) Reply
Thanks for this review. I'm going to try making my first PMB pattern (a shirt) today. You've inspired me to make up my pants sloper and I'll definitely go and check out that discussion about jeans. I've been too chicken to try the editor yet but you make it sound easy! Your jeans look fabulous.
Sherril Miller said... (1/4/06 8:36 PM) Reply
Wow, your pants are a good sell for this software. Can't wait to see what else you come up with.
kellyt said... (1/4/06 9:29 AM) Reply
Your pants came out great! I have been working on my pants sloper too.
KarmenG said... (1/4/06 8:18 AM) Reply
Congrats on the success Kay! They looked great.
Kay Y said... (1/4/06 8:09 AM) Reply
Re the WG links - they are on a "public" forum so you can view without owning the program, but I guess you do need to register first. If you are thinking about getting PMB I highly recommend checking out the PM forums.
Sew4Fun said... (1/4/06 6:10 AM) Reply
Kay, congrats on your PMB pants! I hope you success over on the PM forum. Belinda
carolynD43 said... (1/4/06 5:27 AM) Reply
Wow, those look really nice. I have been thinking about garment software, but am torn between Garment Styler and PMB. thanks for the review.
CarolynGM said... (1/4/06 5:00 AM) Reply
Fascinating how you did this! I registered on the Wild Ginger site so I could hopefully see your link, but it takes 24 hours to activate.........
Nickle said... (1/4/06 4:55 AM) Reply
Boy you couldn't get a better fit. How nice to have a great fitting pattern. They look great.
Mary Stiefer said... (1/3/06 11:55 PM) Reply
Very nice. I can already tell that your wardrobe will be expanding to many different colored pairs of slacks.
Barbara R said... (1/3/06 11:17 PM) Reply
Great job! I've struggled with PMB on and off for years and just never stuck with it long enough to get good enough slopers. They even added some features based (at least partially) on my requests! I am always looking for ways to make better-fitting pants. Maybe I'll dive into PMB again. BTW, you can only see those WG forum links if you are a member (which I think means PMB owner, but maybe anyone can register).
Karla Kizer said... (1/3/06 9:22 PM) Reply
I just ordered PMB last week, and I'm hanging around the mailbox again, waiting, waiting... Love the results you got with this, and I'm really encouraged. The mailman is (again) very alarmed...
Lori Sews said... (1/3/06 8:50 PM) Reply
Great fitting jeans--I love the boot cut.

by: Ineedaname