Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Pattern Reviews> Self Drafted Pattern> 31237-1000 (Swimsuit top)

Reviewed by:Kelly D.

About Kelly D.star
Member since: 4/24/05
Posted on:1/5/06 1:58 PM
Mandolin82 said... (5/7/06 2:16 PM) Reply
I like the top. I'm about to embark on sewing one for my daugher. Any updates?
Kelly D. said... (1/6/06 3:28 PM) Reply
Thanks for the nice comments and all the hints about where to find fabric. The fabric I used for the prototype is some that I picked up at a Hancock's a few years back. They seem to have the best knit selection in all categories for my area, but nice prints for swimwear seem to be really hard to find. I'll have to visit all the sites you recommend.
2muchfabric said... (1/6/06 6:41 AM) Reply
www.spandexhouse.com is a good resource for swimsuit fabric. A zig-zag stitch can also be used to provide built in give. I've actually seen it as topstitching on some of my daughter's RTW bikinis! You've done a great job on your draft--looking forward to seeing the final edition!
Stacy Sews said... (1/5/06 6:17 PM) Reply
Great job on the top! Very interesting fabric too - where did you get it? I have to agree with Stefanie - needlenook is great - but I'm somewhat bias - I live in Wichita and have looked through all their materials! They are also great about giving out advice. Fabric Depot also has quite a few fabrics to choose from (haven't ordered from there, however).
Elemenopeo said... (1/5/06 5:25 PM) Reply
Needlenook Fabrics is great for swimwear. Your version looks really nice!
guillorypr said... (1/5/06 3:12 PM) Reply
I think it looks great! I got a bunch of my swimwear fabric from the Frabics and Notions Yahoo group, and also from Sew Sassy.

by: omlair