Online Sewing Class: Restyling with Exposed Zippers

Pattern Reviews> Amy Butler> Favorite Clutch (Cluth (Quilting Mag Dec. 05))

Reviewed by:milwaukee_kelly

vestapatterns.com

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

nansheeya said... (6/13/07 6:27 PM) Reply
SSain, thanks for sharing the link to the pattern. This one is really cute.
SSain said... (4/2/07 2:26 AM) Reply
So neat looking! I found the article also in bhg.com. You've inspired me to give it a try. http://www.bhg.com/bhg/story.jsp?catref=SC955&storyid=/templatedata/bhg/story/data/1146420827221.xml
tommie girl said... (2/15/06 6:01 PM) Reply
I am in the process of sewing this purse for my 16 year old daughter,I came across it via Country Living Magazine, then took a road trip to Granville, Ohio and just by luck ended up at the supplier store GreenVelvet that carried the kits for the clutch for the quitling magazine. I was able to get the magazine from our Library!!! I took it to kinkos to Copy everything, worked just fine. Contact Amy Butler via there website if you can't find the pattern, they were most helpful to me when I had questions. I agree it does look kind of big or bigger then I imagined it would look. But I can't wait to finish it.
potter said... (1/7/06 5:33 PM) Reply
Very nice work. Isn't Amy's fabric wonderful? I love your added pearl touch. Very chic. Matching-smatching....yours looks wonderful!
GorgeousFabrics said... (1/6/06 10:03 PM) Reply
What a cute bag. It's such a lovely gift! -Ann
Chris Kelly said... (1/6/06 9:23 PM) Reply
I just started to make my own purses and this pattern I need to get...I love it..it's awsome!!
PhyllisC said... (1/6/06 8:03 PM) Reply
This bag is just about perfect! L-O-V-E the pin - it really ramps the whole thing up to fabulous.
Karla Kizer said... (1/6/06 7:19 PM) Reply
Kelly, it's great. And as far as using the same fabric...well, why do Walmart and Hancock's get their own version of pattern catalogs? SO WE CAN USE THE SAME FABRIC AS THE PICTURE! It's allowed. Your friend is very lucky - and like Leslie, I want to be on your gift list.
mamafitz said... (1/6/06 4:39 PM) Reply
kelly, it looks great! i plan to make this up out of some scraps from the last nappy bag i made (hopefully i have enough!). it does look bigger than i thought. your friend is going to love it.
kethry said... (1/6/06 9:01 AM) Reply
I love it - pulling a "marla" *grin* I am guilty of that all the time. Sometimes you see something made up and you just HAVE to have it in the same fabric! I love the brooch. I will have to pay more attention at the thrift stores now that I have a good idea from you for using them.
Danvillegirl said... (1/6/06 5:38 AM) Reply
Nice clutch, I am sure your friend will appreciate and enjoy it. Love the fabrics and faux pearl broach.
PixieCat said... (1/6/06 5:16 AM) Reply
Your clutch is absolutely gorgeous! The brooch is the perfect addition.
IsadoraH said... (1/5/06 11:01 PM) Reply
This looks beautiful - I am quite inspired! You can find info on the article in Quilting Magazine at Amy's website www.amybutlerdesign.com under the link press. I believe it is the same clutch pattern that is found in the Dorothy bag pattern (you can also see that on her web site).
casken said... (1/5/06 9:39 PM) Reply
Very nice and great picture. Thank you for your review.
Mary Stiefer said... (1/5/06 8:00 PM) Reply
Oh my gosh - this is so beautiful. Hmmm - you could start your own line of handbags with variations on this theme. I love it
Dmd4106 said... (1/5/06 7:51 PM) Reply
Soooo Cute! you did a really good job.
Tiner W said... (1/5/06 7:44 PM) Reply
It's darling! I love the brooch!
Stacy Sews said... (1/5/06 7:40 PM) Reply
Wonderful job! I love your clutch. I looked all over to find this magazine- I think 5 or 6 stores and never could get ahold of one. I think the brooch is a beautiful touch too!
Deepika said... (1/5/06 7:18 PM) Reply
Kelly, this is super cute! And I must say that your stitching is so even and just so professional. Noone can say that this bag was sewn at home. Your friend sure is lucky! Is this pattern available yet?
KarenP said... (1/5/06 7:11 PM) Reply
I love that! I might have to track down that magazine so I can make one too.
Leslie in Austin said... (1/5/06 6:38 PM) Reply
OMG, Kelly: This is so so so so cute and your workmanship looks perfect! The brooch is the ideal little addition. I want to be on your birthday gift list!

Papercut Patterns 1011