Pattern Reviews> Sewing Workshop> Tahoe Pant (Tahoe Pant)

Reviewed by:Rustybobn

About Rustybobnstarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/5/02
Posted on:9/21/02 9:44 AM
Last Updated:9/21/02 9:54 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants
kathi s said... (3/13/04 10:07 AM) Reply
Thank you for your great review! I think I will order this pattern now- love the coordinating blouse, too.
TSingh said... (7/31/03 3:35 PM) Reply
I hope I can leave this comment I wanted to say thanks for actually showing the leg detail it's kind of hard to imagine. :~)
TSingh said... (7/31/03 3:33 PM) Reply
What a cute idea taking the pattern to work & cutting it on the conference table!!! I never would have thought of that.
said... (9/22/02 5:06 PM) Reply
Rusty, I was interested that you had problems with the hem wanting to "kick up and out at the seams" - I have had this problem with other SW pant patterns - the Elle and the Hollywood Pant - I am really baffled by it but I am not sure if it is a drafting error on their part or a sewing error on my part. The last pair of SW pants I made I used a narrow (.5) zigzag and taut sewing which helped somewhat but the hem still does pull up at the side seams. Does anyone have any insight into what the cause and solution to this problem might be?
said... (9/21/02 4:30 PM) Reply
Phyllis, I think that if you can wear pleated pants, you could wear this. I have something of a tummy myself, and this works well.
said... (9/21/02 1:38 PM) Reply
Very flattering! You did a great job. I can't wait to see what else you do with this pattern. :)
said... (9/21/02 1:32 PM) Reply
Isn't it fun to wear! The whole outfit looks great together; good job!
said... (9/21/02 1:08 PM) Reply
Rustybobn, thanks for reviewing this pattern! I would own it already if SW patterns didn't cost $20 each :-(. But I will be getting this one eventually -- it's very attractive.
said... (9/21/02 10:43 AM) Reply
Rusty - great review! Thank you for such precise information. One question - how does the pant drape over the tummy? I have a rounded tummy myself (from having two kids), and wonder if this pattern adds bulk in this area.

BurdaStyle Magazine 01-2014-122