Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 3900 (18" Doll Clothes)

Reviewed by:joyoussprite

About joyousspritestar
WA USA
Member since: 12/6/05
Posted on:1/7/06 3:43 PM
Last Updated:1/7/06 3:43 PM
See other patterns in this category: Crafts
Stargirl7 said... (7/18/06 4:23 PM) Reply
Here's a hint: Use your dd's outgrown clothes to make new outfits for the doll. When cutting, place pants hemline on the hem of the existing garment. That will elinimate the need to sew the hem on the doll outfit. One less step! Also, make a note of things like how much elastic you used - this comes in handy next time!
Elphaba said... (3/1/06 5:32 PM) Reply
What a lucky, lovely girl ! Fantastic job, you're making me want an AG doll to sew for now, you naughty mommy ! And I agree with the 'not insane' verdict - altho the girls at Hancock's call me 'our favorite masochist' from all my doll sewing tales !
milwaukee_kelly said... (1/8/06 2:43 PM) Reply
Sweet! I would have been such a happy kid to have matching doll clothes!
Penny Carlson said... (1/7/06 11:13 PM) Reply
Don't complain - I learned to sew making clothes for my Barbie! And that was in the early sixties, when pants and skirts always had waistbands and there was no Velcro! Seriously, thought, I made tons of clothes for my daughters' American Girl dolls and am now making them for my neice's. I find it to be a ton of fun.
joyoussprite said... (1/7/06 8:12 PM) Reply
Funny you mention that Georgene - she spent most of today hand sewing dresses for her Groovy Girl dolls :)
Georgene said... (1/7/06 7:01 PM) Reply
Great idea. Good intro to teaching her how to design and sew for her dolls herself. That's where it all began for me, once I knew how fun and fast it was to sew for dolls.
Mary Stiefer said... (1/7/06 4:50 PM) Reply
What a lucky girl to have a Mom like you.
joyoussprite said... (1/7/06 4:16 PM) Reply
That's a great idea! Thanks Peggy.
Peggy L said... (1/7/06 3:58 PM) Reply
Those are really cute - as is your DD. You are not insane, just a good mom. I used to do this for my DDs. Doll clothes also make good birthday gifts for girls at this age. We made a doll "closet" with a small diameter tension rod and put it in a cabinet - also would work in a book case. Have fun with this!
SewingSkater said... (1/7/06 3:46 PM) Reply
These are cute! How cool to have matching doll pants!

Funktional Threads Leilani Top