Online Sewing Class: Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket

Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> WSJ Maharajah Jacket (WSJ Maharajah Jacket)

Reviewed by:julieb

About juliebstar
VA USA
Member since: 10/28/02
Posted on:1/11/06 5:21 PM
Last Updated:1/11/06 5:21 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 32 people

Sew4Fun said... (12/7/12 4:34 PM) Reply
Lovely jacket and excellent review.
luv2sew4fun said... (12/4/07 10:31 AM) Reply
Have this pattern in my stash - you gave me lots to think about!
cboots said... (1/13/06 6:09 PM) Reply
Thanks for a very helpful and detailed review. Your jacket turned out beautifully!
milwaukee_kelly said... (1/12/06 8:03 AM) Reply
Thank you for the review. I think the jacket looks great on you. I love the pink stitching.
Stacy Sews said... (1/12/06 7:14 AM) Reply
I think that the jacket looks better on you - you give it more shape (or it moves with you nicely)! Beautiful jacket. Thanks for the great review!
Linda F said... (1/12/06 7:03 AM) Reply
Your jacket is beautiful on you, you did a fantastic job . You did a great a job of overcoming all the obstacles too.
AnneM said... (1/12/06 6:55 AM) Reply
Great topstitching. It certainly doesn't look bad on you, although I know exactly what you mean about needing a garment with a defined waist.
MaryBeth said... (1/12/06 6:03 AM) Reply
This jacket begs for a form fitting skirt with a flippy hemline. I love the grey wool/hot pink combo, too. Nice job, it looks very professional.
Danvillegirl said... (1/12/06 4:33 AM) Reply
Great looking jacket. You did an excellent job with it in spite of all the issues you mentioned. Very helpful review.
Ann Smith said... (1/12/06 1:21 AM) Reply
Thanks for such a great review on your beautiful jacket. Your comments will be very helpful when I get around to this pattern already in my stash.
lmg said... (1/11/06 10:20 PM) Reply
Beautiful! I love how it looks on you, the buttons are great too
Levone said... (1/11/06 10:20 PM) Reply
Wow, your jacket turned out great! Definitely better than the pattern illustration. You did a wonderful job on this.
Johsews said... (1/11/06 10:10 PM) Reply
You did a beautiful job, Julie, and I think you'll come to like this on you the more you wear it. Your workmanship is impeccable as alway! Say hi to the NoVA ASG group for me! Johanna
Lori V said... (1/11/06 10:07 PM) Reply
I like your jacket on you and your dressform. The pink topstitching sets off the entire jacket. I am working on the Prim and Proper jacket, finding the sleeves very tight.
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (1/11/06 9:36 PM) Reply
Your jacket is just lovely and looks great on you too BTW. I adore grey-pink combos. I also got stuck with my Mongolian jacket re how to finish-sew sleeve lining to jacket lining delema as my cuffs were done first too. Like the HongKong finish idea. Glad you perservered so next one will be "easy" :)
MickeyFan said... (1/11/06 8:59 PM) Reply
I really like your jacket. I think it looks great on you. I am sorry you had to struggle so much - and not in a good "hey, I am learning something new type way". While I can live with mis-matched marks, I get very irritated by un-trued seams. It is an unnecessary drafting correction I shouldn't have to make. Very helpful review, thank you for taking time with it.
Frogstitcher said... (1/11/06 8:12 PM) Reply
This looks fabulous on you - not better on your dressform. I love the contrast stitching detail. Thank you for the very detailed review.
GorgeousFabrics said... (1/11/06 7:23 PM) Reply
Wonderful results. And a very helpful review! -Ann
Mary Stiefer said... (1/11/06 7:14 PM) Reply
I'm sorry this pattern had so many errors - but - you certainly overcame them. This is beautiful and I love the hot pink topstitching technique
Rebecca D said... (1/11/06 6:53 PM) Reply
Excellent review, thank you. The jacket turned out beautifully.
SewTabby said... (1/11/06 6:43 PM) Reply
It really does look fantastic...Just got this pattern in the mail today so I am looking forward to referencing your (and other) reviews for this one. Thanks for the detail!
Linda E. said... (1/11/06 6:42 PM) Reply
Love the jacket on you.. the gray wool with the pink top stitching is great.
beangirl said... (1/11/06 6:42 PM) Reply
You look great in this jacket and the detailing is lovely. Excellent review.
Nickle said... (1/11/06 5:57 PM) Reply
I think the jacket looks very nice on you , and you did a beautiful job on the topstitching.
jemgirlca said... (1/11/06 5:56 PM) Reply
Thanks for your helpful review. I agree that it looks good on both you and your dressform.
Seaspur said... (1/11/06 5:54 PM) Reply
You ran into the exact same problems I did. Jacket looks great though.
drsue said... (1/11/06 5:51 PM) Reply
Well, its reassuring to know that I'm not just losing my mind regarding the drafting flaws I've found on these patterns. I think your top looks very good - - I like it better on you than on your form actually. Thank you so much for this very helpful review.
CarolynGM said... (1/11/06 5:42 PM) Reply
What an excellent, detailed review. I love the way you did the contrast topstitching and trim. The jacket looks great on you -- it is a very good length.
Kristen said... (1/11/06 5:40 PM) Reply
Julie, it looks great (both on you and the dressform)! Excellent review.

BurdaStyle Magazine 05-2011-113