Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> DD Wrapture Jacket (Wrapture Jacket)

Viewed 2032 times

Posted on:1/11/06 11:19 PM
Last Updated:1/11/06 11:36 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 36 people
J.Moules said... (1/29/06 7:18 AM) Reply
The colours and textures in your jacket are beautiful. Worthy of FTV! You look so pretty! Being so slender you can carry off the extra padding of a quilted lining and the shine of the jacquard.
J.Moules said... (1/29/06 7:11 AM) Reply
Your colours and textures in this jacket are beautiful. Worthy of FTV! You look so pretty!
Melody said... (1/15/06 4:42 PM) Reply
When I saw this pattern on the HP website, I didn't think I liked it but your version is just beautiful and I'm even tempted to get some of that denim from JoAnn's despite your warning. Thanks for the great review.
Harriet Rogers said... (1/15/06 10:33 AM) Reply
Wow! Love your version of this jacket: the colors, workmanship, the quilting of lining, the binding: all perfect!!
diane s said... (1/13/06 9:05 PM) Reply
Your jacket is great, I bet you are thrilled. I have some of the same denim and it's the first time I had a stretch woven that stretched lengthwise instead of crosswise. I had to turn my pieces in the opposite direction!
Stacy Sews said... (1/13/06 3:37 PM) Reply
Julia - I cut each strip 2" wide on the bias (thank goodness for cutting mats and rotary cutters!). I made the bias tape the hard way too (I didn't have a tape maker in the size), so I sewed the strips together, then folded raw edges together to make a crease then folded the raw edges toward the crease and pressed again. It took awhile to do it like this, but definatley worth it so I didn't have to make a trip to the store!
Julia Graham said... (1/13/06 11:42 AM) Reply
Oh, huzzah! Now both the HotPatterns I own have been reviewed and get high marks! Your jacket really is lovely, I'm so glad to see it. Your _finished_ binding is 1/2" wide, right? How wide did you cut it to start with? Thanks!
ktsews2 said... (1/13/06 11:22 AM) Reply
This is really a knockout! Great job!
Sherril Miller said... (1/13/06 10:31 AM) Reply
Very nice. I love that fabric and just bought 3 yards. Thanks for the warning about the stretch. I did notice that it stretched the length instead of crosswise.
AnneM said... (1/13/06 8:22 AM) Reply
That looks great! Nice fabric, nice trim, nice fit, nice style. I'd say it's nice. Even though the fabric is stiff, it certainly looks find in the picture on you.
Danvillegirl said... (1/13/06 4:21 AM) Reply
Great jacket. Really nice job.
mudcat said... (1/12/06 9:23 PM) Reply
Wow, this is lovely on you. It's not even one I considered buying but it's definitely better in person.
Nata said... (1/12/06 8:22 PM) Reply
Nice jacket and fit you well! You should definitely wear it open, it does not make you look boxy, and lining adds nice touch.
MsConnie said... (1/12/06 4:37 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket and I love your trim & lining! I'm starting my muslin this weekend, will be using your review for reference. Thanks for all the details!
julieb said... (1/12/06 12:47 PM) Reply
Fabulous jacket Stacy. Nice review, too. Julie B
Lorna C. Newman said... (1/12/06 12:46 PM) Reply
Just when I htough I did not need another jacket pattern ... dare I say it? This is an outstanding job ... LOL!
Lori V said... (1/12/06 12:42 PM) Reply
Very beautiful, inside and out. Thanks for the informative and thorough review.
Leora said... (1/12/06 11:25 AM) Reply
Great fit on you and nicely finished. Love your new jacket.
SewTabby said... (1/12/06 11:17 AM) Reply
Wowza! Fantastic jacket, and I love the "stand alone" picture--too cute. Looks great; nice job on the sewing and the review!
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (1/12/06 10:04 AM) Reply
Great jacket, very nice quilted lining. And cool binding trim. Love your stand alone shot...its saying "G'day! Come on and take me out!" Thank God for FM bundles , you can make so many different jackets with this fabulous versitile pattern.
drsue said... (1/12/06 9:39 AM) Reply
You jacket came out great and I really love this review. Very helpful.
fiberfanatic said... (1/12/06 9:27 AM) Reply
Great jacket! I loved this pattern, but have been unsure of the shoulder. It looks great though, so I'll have to try it. Thanks for the informative review.
PhyllisC said... (1/12/06 9:23 AM) Reply
The lining awesome - just perfect.
Kathy_AZ said... (1/12/06 9:17 AM) Reply
What a fabulous jacket! I wish I was skilled enough to try it.
PegL said... (1/12/06 9:06 AM) Reply
Very pretty jacket and great review!
jemgirlca said... (1/12/06 8:53 AM) Reply
Thanks for being our "guinea pig"... lol It looks great!! Nice job on the lining, too.
Gigi Louis said... (1/12/06 8:45 AM) Reply
Outstanding!
Cambric Tea said... (1/12/06 8:32 AM) Reply
This review is very helpful, and your jacket is impressive! Thank you. (:
Lynngray said... (1/12/06 8:31 AM) Reply
Great jacket. and wonderful workmanship.
priscilla said... (1/12/06 8:20 AM) Reply
You did a great job on this jacket!
Frogstitcher said... (1/12/06 8:18 AM) Reply
Fantastic! I love everything about your jacket. Very professional looking.
milwaukee_kelly said... (1/12/06 7:54 AM) Reply
Very nice! I love that quilted lining!
beangirl said... (1/12/06 7:41 AM) Reply
beautiful jacket and very good review. Can't wait to see the corduroy, since this one is already so stunning. Cute cute cute! (And love the photos, esp. Stand Alone).
Peggy L said... (1/12/06 7:18 AM) Reply
Stacy - this really looks wonderful! Thanks for a great review.
Sew Little Thyme said... (1/12/06 7:16 AM) Reply
Great jacket! I loved your review also, informative & entertaining! I am now thinking that I have yet another pattern to add to my Hot Patterns wish list.
Stacy Sews said... (1/12/06 7:08 AM) Reply
I made the bias binding 1/2" wide (I went back and measured, I probably used about 2 1/2 yards to enclose the pockets, collar, and cuff edges). The way the instructions are written the jacket lining & facings are attached to the jacket so that all the raw edges are enclosed. It's not necessary to bind the front seam and edges - which is good in this case because I wouldn't have made enough bias bindings!
Nickle said... (1/12/06 7:01 AM) Reply
Beautiful work of art and I enjoyed your review. Looks fabulous on you.
Linda F said... (1/12/06 6:53 AM) Reply
What a beautiful jacket. You did a fantastic job and I loved your review. This is very helpful
Shellia said... (1/12/06 6:52 AM) Reply
Beautiful and very flattering. Love your color combo.
Ghillie said... (1/12/06 6:38 AM) Reply
This is tremendously helpful to me as I am just about to start sewing my Wrapture after making a muslin - and sorting out those sleeves! Can you tell us how wide you cut your bias binding? It appears that you did not bind the front seam and hem edge. How did you get around that?
GorgeousFabrics said... (1/12/06 6:20 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket and great review, thanks! -Ann
Mary Gillette said... (1/12/06 6:15 AM) Reply
Great job on the jacket, it looks fabulous on you!
Linda E. said... (1/12/06 6:13 AM) Reply
WOW I love your Jacket the inside is beautiful the outside just is gorgeous. Thank You Thank You for being the guinea pig on this jacket. I have this pattern it will be sometime this spring before I get a chance to do it.
MaryBeth said... (1/12/06 5:57 AM) Reply
Yup, this jacket is outstanding in its field. Beautiful lining! And I fully agree (hrrrumph) about seemingly sweet denim that stretches....should be reserved for pillows or dog beds...(sorry, doggie, no disrespect intended) But your jacket turned out marvelously! :)
Debbie Cook said... (1/12/06 5:45 AM) Reply
Beautiful, inside and out!
Sew4Fun said... (1/12/06 2:56 AM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous, Stacy! It looks lovely on you. All the work you put in, really shines through. You have inspired me to sew my jacket. Thanks for the great review. Belinda
Mlle Laura said... (1/12/06 2:51 AM) Reply
Lovely jacket! I love the collar.
Ann Smith said... (1/12/06 1:30 AM) Reply
What a great jacket, even if it does stand alone.
Ruth C said... (1/12/06 0:36 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket!
zeoplum said... (1/12/06 0:12 AM) Reply
Stacy, that is gorgeous! The shine in your lining/bias binding actually looks shimmery on my screen. It adds SUCH a nice touch. Great job and terrific jacket!
Seaspur said... (1/12/06 0:09 AM) Reply
Nice job. It looks wonderful on you.
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (1/11/06 11:47 PM) Reply
What a great looking jacket!
touran said... (1/11/06 11:40 PM) Reply
Great work and it's really lovely on you.
Georgene said... (1/11/06 11:33 PM) Reply
I love your treatment of the lining, and your stand-alone photo! It does look great on you. I want to see the next version too, please post.
sewlily said... (1/11/06 11:25 PM) Reply
The work you put into this jacket is marvelous.

Patterns for Pirates Women's Raglan

by: stitchingi...

Sew Chic Fantasia Dress Pattern (ln9005)

Sew Chic Fantasia Dress Pattern (ln9005)

Full Bust DVD