Pattern Reviews> Burda Plus Fashion Magazine> 09-2001-412 (jeans jacket)

Reviewed by:Karin Mantefors

Last Updated:1/12/06 1:23 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people
Sherril Miller said... (7/12/07 2:40 PM) Reply
Could you move this review to the Burda Plus Magazine category. I love your jacket and I think other plus-sized women could benefit from it and it would be easier to find if under the correct category. Thanks.
Karin Mantefors said... (1/14/06 3:46 AM) Reply
Iīm gonna go buttonshopping today, will post a new photo when finished. Sherril, I didnīt do any alterations, becourse itīs a rather loose casual jacket, take a look at the pattern there I took the pocketflaps from, it doesnīt have a band at the hem and I think itīs a very nice model for a plus size, Iīve made it but didnīt like it due to that I thought my fabric was to thin / karin
Sherril Miller said... (1/13/06 10:22 AM) Reply
I think black buttons would look great with the red. I'm glad this pattern worked for you. I'm off to find a jean-jacket pattern to fit my plus-sized body too. Did you do any pattern alterations?
Frogstitcher said... (1/12/06 6:48 PM) Reply
Very nice, indeed. The color and topstitching are perfect.
Levone said... (1/12/06 6:10 PM) Reply
Cute jacket!
Mary Stiefer said... (1/12/06 5:54 PM) Reply
What a gorgeous jacket. All the topstitching is amazing.
melgosews said... (1/12/06 5:44 PM) Reply
Nice jacket. Your topstitching is beautiful! What about blue for buttonholes (from the FQ) and silver metal shank buttons with a fun floral or curlyQ design?
Nickle said... (1/12/06 4:54 PM) Reply
Cute jacket. Nice topstitching. I vote for the yellow buttons since you did yellow stitching.
blue mooney said... (1/12/06 4:35 PM) Reply
how fun to have the yellow topstitching - I like the idea of making the buttonholes yellow, too. Just my opinion.
Anne S said... (1/12/06 4:12 PM) Reply
Great jacket. I like the colors. Just bought a similar patter so appreciate your review.
Linda E. said... (1/12/06 2:20 PM) Reply
This is a fun jacket I like your color choices.. would be interested in seeing it on you
Karin Mantefors said... (1/12/06 1:22 PM) Reply
Hereīs a link for a closeup http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/kmantefors/karinjeansjacka2.jpg I canīt get it to work inside the review

Indygo Junction IJ874