Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Other> Quilt in a Day (Log Cabin)

Reviewed by:Diane E

About Diane Estarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/8/02
Posted on:9/22/02 8:10 PM
Last Updated:9/22/02 8:48 PM

Trying to sew said... (9/30/08 6:14 PM) Reply
I love anything Eleanor Burns writes up. Her patterns are very very easy for beginners to learn the hang of quilting. She also has some advanced pattern books... her instructions as so explicit ... a beginner will be able to "catch on" in no time.
said... (9/24/02 1:16 AM) Reply
Diane, great quilt! I started sewing again as an adult via Quilt in a Day about 8 years ago. I too have made this one for a baby gift. I haven't quilted in a while secondary to all the garment sewing madness I currently have.
said... (9/23/02 12:05 PM) Reply
Thank you for your comments! I had such a good time making this quilt. Anne, As Jen and Autumn said, the book is great for beginners. The Log Cabin pattern is terrifically versatile, and its look can be completely different just based on block placement. I think I'll make another one soon!
said... (9/23/02 0:50 AM) Reply
This is the very book that I started with when I began quilting 15 years ago. I was a complete quilting beginner but knew how to use a sewing machine, and learned rotary cutting at the time.
said... (9/22/02 10:48 PM) Reply
Diane, you picked beautiful colors for your quilt. The Quilt In A Day Log Cabin book is one of my favorites, as is the Quilt In A Day Flying Geese. I recently made a quilt for a baby boy using baby blue 1930's repro fabric - too cute! Anne M, the book is great for beginners but only if you are familiar with basic machine sewing and possibly rotary cutting.
said... (9/22/02 10:25 PM) Reply
Do you need to know how to quilt before getting this book, or is it good for a "raw" beginner? I just picked up the Simplicity Quilt Block Club patterns to teach me quilting basics.
said... (9/22/02 9:18 PM) Reply
Diane, that's a beautiful quilt!!! Made in a day, that's very inspiring. I'm going to look for this book; thanks for the review (even if it's for quilts) ;-)

by: marie elis...