Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3003 (Bias Cut Skirt w/ added lining)

Reviewed by:Kim Winson

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
See other patterns in this category: Coordinates    Tops    Skirts

Other Projects by Kim Winson using this Pattern

Kim Winson said... (1/21/06 10:05 AM) Reply
THank you all for your excellent feedback! I appreciate it. Suncentaur: I used "Hang Loose" lining, a polyester lining that I purchased on sale from a local independent. It's supposed to be static free...I haven't worn the skirt yet, so I'll have to report back on that. AnneM: I noticed that the hem hikes up in the back as well. I don't think I have enough length in the skirt to compensate for that this time around...serves me right for forgetting to adjust for it when I shortened the pattern, LOL!
AnneM said... (1/20/06 4:22 AM) Reply
Very cute skirt. I remember that Threads article. Personally, I think the length is just fine on you, although you could certainly wear it at a variety of lengths. You might want to hem the front a touch more than the back. When looking at the side view I can see you have the same issue I do: your derriere takes up some space and raises the back hem slightly more than the front.
PegL said... (1/20/06 3:58 AM) Reply
Very cute skirt! I think the length is very becoming where is it but if you'd feel more comfortable with it shorter then I wouldn't take it up over your knees -- mid-knee cap would be good.
suncentaur said... (1/19/06 11:12 PM) Reply
Looks great, what did you use for lining?
Frogstitcher said... (1/19/06 9:52 PM) Reply
Great skirt, great fabric. It looks good on you. I agree that a wee bit shorter would also be cute on you.
Lori V said... (1/19/06 9:44 PM) Reply
Looks nice, pretty plaid. I agree, shorten it a bit.
Mary Stiefer said... (1/19/06 8:33 PM) Reply
Very nice. I think you could also trim a bit off the hem and it would look great on you.
Lori Sews said... (1/19/06 8:21 PM) Reply
Kim, it's very pretty! I think you have the figure to raise the hem up a bit--maybe mid-knee cap. :) It's really nice, and I loved that you lined it. I like all of my skirts lined.

Sewing Workshop Now & Zen Shirts Pattern