Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1847 (Anne Klein top/vest (OOP?))

Reviewed by:emr

About emrstarstar
WA USA
Member since: 8/30/04
Posted on:1/23/06 11:46 PM
Last Updated:1/24/06 0:30 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 7 people

bettimon said... (2/5/10 9:29 PM) Reply
Thanks so much for reviewing this! I just found this pattern at my local thrift store and couldn't believe my luck. And I got lucky again when I found this review. Thanks, and wonderful job!
modeaffe said... (1/10/08 6:19 PM) Reply
emr, I'm currently making this vest, haven't gotten to the lining/tucks aspect yet but can appreciate your approach. Hope to post my pic when done.
BillieJean said... (1/25/06 6:27 AM) Reply
This is just lovely. I remember when I first started sewing and didn't know what I didn't know. I would tackle anything - and wore everything I made because I couldn't afford to have a wadder. I'm trying to return to that mindset to a certain extent, instead of agonizing endlessly over will this work, etc., etc. Great job!!!
AnneM said... (1/25/06 5:46 AM) Reply
Neat vest. This review is good evidence why it's nice to review a pattern even though it's OOP: two commenters have the pattern, and a 3rd is goingn to copy the style!
ClareinStitches said... (1/25/06 4:39 AM) Reply
This is just the inspiration I need for top to go with an Evening skirt. Can't wait to get designing now. Thanks emr.
inkyannie said... (1/25/06 0:46 AM) Reply
A very classy looking piece! Good job.
Re Becca said... (1/24/06 1:16 PM) Reply
I have this pattern and I have made this vest. You did a great job lining up all those tucks in the back. I agree with you on the way the back hangs with the tucks and the lining. I made mine out of camels hair which I think makes the problem worse. But, I have gotten so many compliments on this vest that I can't complain. I still threaten to make another one now and then, just haven't gotten around to it. Great Job!
Frogstitcher said... (1/24/06 12:30 PM) Reply
What a great classic outfit.
Mary Stiefer said... (1/24/06 9:24 AM) Reply
This looks fantastic, I love the back view. Your certainly lined up the plaid pieces perfectly. Very nice.
CarolynGM said... (1/24/06 6:27 AM) Reply
Definitely a classic piece. Great job on matching the plaids.
Geri Lynn said... (1/24/06 5:51 AM) Reply
Darling vest! I really like that style, unique and very sharp looking. You did a really nice job!
appleC said... (1/24/06 3:08 AM) Reply
What a cute vest! I love the neck line most. I hope this pattern is still available somewhere.
carnelian said... (1/24/06 0:59 AM) Reply
I've had this pattern for years and loved the effect of it, but I have not made it, with changing styles and my changing self. I should be brave!

Simplicity 2195 Vintage

by: rosiewedne...

Ottobre Design Magazine 04-2010-23

by: jorth

Sew Chic The Tia Dress Pattern (ln1312)

Sew Chic The Tia Dress Pattern (ln1312)

Islander Sewing Systems - MyStyle Greetings