Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4704 (Maternity Tops, Pants, Dress)

Reviewed by:ReneeSews

About ReneeSewsstar
IN USA
Member since: 6/26/05
Posted on:1/24/06 6:20 AM
Last Updated:1/24/06 6:34 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Maternity

ReneeSews said... (11/22/07 9:12 AM) Reply
I fixed the links so you can now see the pictures, probably need to go through and check my other reviews and fix those too since I had to move my pics to a different host. Good Luck!
Jwilson said... (11/21/07 7:02 PM) Reply
AT this point, I am unable to view the photos, and could definitely use some information on actually finishing this cuff. I figured out that it takes 4 pieces, 2 of which you interface, to make two complete cuffs, but the "V" is sewn so close to the seamline that I will have to trim this seam allowance to fit around the "V". I wish I knew what others have done to accomplish a neat finish. It helped to know others had some kind of problem with the cuffs, but I can't tell if their problems are the same as mine... Thanks!!
Lucilla said... (2/13/07 4:35 AM) Reply
I started this shirt a week ago and got so frustrated with the collar instructions that I stuffed the project in a bag. It's been 20 years since I sewed a garment and I decided I must have forgotten how to sew! After reading the reviews and realizing that even experienced seamstresses had problems, I got the courage to pull it out and try again. I also have trouble understanding the markings for the foldover on the fronts of the shirt. My fabric is 100% polyester, drapey and fairly thin, so I'm wondering about using interfacing for the front foldovers. I don't think the pattern calls for interfacing, but since my fabric is lightweight, will I need it for the buttonholes? I haven't even considered the cuff problem yet. If I get past the collar and front foldovers, I'll use your suggestions for the cuffs. I really appreciate your great reviews and good information.
Holls7 said... (1/12/07 6:22 AM) Reply
I was having all sorts of trouble making sense of the pattern for the collar and cuffs until I looked at the photos.
Frogstitcher said... (1/24/06 12:21 PM) Reply
Very stylish maternity top. Nice job and good review.
Mary Stiefer said... (1/24/06 9:34 AM) Reply
You certainly have lots of patience to go through all the errors in this pattern - but - it turned out well. Good job.

More Knits