Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 1672 (Boxer Shorts)

Reviewed by:Melody

About Melodystarstar
MI United States
Member since: 2/7/02
Posted on:1/24/06 2:33 PM
Last Updated:2/24/07 12:34 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
See other patterns in this category: Mens - Sleepwear / Loungewear    Mens - Underwear
Bobinator said... (7/22/09 4:10 PM) Reply
Ms. Melody Thank you for the great review, I also went to your blog spot and read the tutorial for this pattern, you did a really good job and I plan on referring to it as I make these for my hubby!
cbjlinda said... (2/1/09 3:10 PM) Reply
melody thanks so much for adding your tutorial. I am a very visual sewer and it really helps when someone shows the pictures.
jeepchick.net said... (9/11/07 1:24 AM) Reply
I really loved the tute on your blog! Thank you!
AlexaNJ said... (8/21/07 2:33 PM) Reply
Great tutorial! I made this without knowing the tutorial existed, but it was still neat seeing a step by step process after the fact! Great fabric choices
Sharon M said... (2/24/07 7:38 PM) Reply
What a great choice of fabric for the boxers! Enjoyed the tutorial very much - thanks for the link
Rhonda in Montreal said... (2/24/07 5:38 PM) Reply
Melody, thanks for all the effort you put into your boxer tutorial!! I appreciate it!
Elona said... (2/24/07 1:34 PM) Reply
What wonderful, outrageous shorts! And I LOVE your tutorial. That is just terrific.
LisaG said... (1/25/06 8:46 AM) Reply
Melody, great boxers! I love this pattern and have probably sewn it 40 times. I have been making all of my husband's underwear for 10 years. But you're right about paying attention to the pattern. If I haven't used it for a while, I have to read it carefully. Once I get started, I could make these in my sleep!
Michelle T said... (1/24/06 11:46 PM) Reply
Great boxers. One hint. Men do not use the opening, so you can just sew a centre front seam. Makes life much easier. I made up this pattern several years ago for all the men for Christmas. I had to either add a button hole and button to the fly, or sew them closed, after I went to all the trouble to make the fly.
Lorrie McGraw said... (1/24/06 8:39 PM) Reply
These are so cool!
potter said... (1/24/06 8:05 PM) Reply
I love these!! And, what an eye you have for choosing the perfect fabric. My son would love these too. I'm adding this pattern to my wish list. Thanks for the through review.
MaryBeth said... (1/24/06 6:17 PM) Reply
WoooHooo, these are wonderful. Lucky guy
Sew Little Thyme said... (1/24/06 4:15 PM) Reply
Oh these are wonderful! I love those old pin-up prints! Great job! I might have to see about getting this pattern for my DH!
Mary Stiefer said... (1/24/06 4:00 PM) Reply
Oh my gosh - the fabric for this boxers is great. Who wouldn't love them?
MB at YarnUiPhoneApp said... (1/24/06 3:18 PM) Reply
The 1940s gals print is a hoot. And I only thought men wore uninteresting boxers. Think again!
Princess Jenny said... (1/24/06 3:09 PM) Reply
I love all the boxers you pictured! The material is wonderful! I know they would make me smile as I put them on in the morning :) Thanks for the tips too on marking well.

by: velosewer