Pattern Reviews> Christine Jonson> 930 (A Line Dress)

Reviewed by:Diane E

About Diane Estarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/8/02
Posted on:9/25/02 9:48 PM
Last Updated:9/25/02 10:45 PM

Doris Stewart said... (2/5/04 12:48 PM) Reply
Just makes me want this pattern and fabric more!
said... (9/29/02 2:59 PM) Reply
Diane, this is wonderful! I thought the A-line might be 'too much' fabric, but your choice of the slinky is wonderful. The wrap top sets it off perfectly.
said... (9/28/02 10:30 AM) Reply
Diane, this is TDF! How can I justify buying another pattern? Make that 2 please. I definitely want the shrug.
said... (9/26/02 11:43 PM) Reply
You did me a big favor struggling and winnning with this dress. I just bought the pattern and your review will be a great help.
said... (9/26/02 11:43 PM) Reply
Diane, I am in love with your sewing! One can tell that you are an expert seamstress!! I have tried and failed to do the clear elastic method on my tops. Is there any special needle, foot or a technique which one needs to use?
said... (9/26/02 10:19 PM) Reply
The dress looks wonderful and I'll be sure to do the clear elastic thing when I make it. I don't think the wrap top is the existing Wrap Top pattern (which I love) because it ties on the side. But it probably is some variation. I want it too!
said... (9/26/02 9:29 PM) Reply
Diane, I love your dress. I,too, have been eyeing the A-line and followed all the input at SW re: the size and construction. You did a superb job on the dress. Where do you get the clear elastic? I have not seen it for a while.
said... (9/26/02 5:31 PM) Reply
Hi everyone, thanks so much for all your encouragement! I have e-mailed Christine about the wrap top. I am thinking that it's a variation of her Wrap Top pattern, which Shirley mentioned in her comment. Teri, to your question: no, it's not unduly heavy, but definitely heavier than some other fabrics would be. Thanks to the stabilizing elastic, it feels really nice.
said... (9/26/02 4:37 PM) Reply
Diane, that is just a beautiful, elegant ensemble!
said... (9/26/02 2:19 PM) Reply
The dress is wonderful. Is it heavy to wear?
said... (9/26/02 11:04 AM) Reply
Stunning outfit! Thanks for all your tips. Very generous and helpful review - and a most beautiful dress and wrap.
said... (9/26/02 9:06 AM) Reply
Diane, as usual your work is fabulous! I too just love the little wrap - it really sets off the simple lines of the dress.
said... (9/26/02 1:23 AM) Reply
Diane, simply gorgeous - I love the wrap.
said... (9/26/02 0:59 AM) Reply
Diane, I can't believe how much better this dress looks as you've made it up relative to how the pattern envelope makes it look! Wrap top is also available at patternshowcase.com. It's cj_212 there... under the Christine Jonson patterns, of course. :)
said... (9/26/02 0:22 AM) Reply
The dress is beautiful and I bet it's comfortable, too. I need that wrap pattern!!!
said... (9/26/02 0:16 AM) Reply
Yes, it is gorgeous! The wrap is perfect with it!
said... (9/25/02 11:38 PM) Reply
Diane, your dress is beautiful. I love the wrap. Is it a Christine original pattern? She should market this pattern; it really pulls the dress together for cooler weather wearing.
said... (9/25/02 11:19 PM) Reply
Way to go, Diane! I'll bet you look adorable in your dress, now that it's hemmed! I absolutely LOVE the dress with the wrap top! I've got to have that pattern! It was fun living through your trials and tribulations on SW....Gotta love the internet...
said... (9/25/02 10:38 PM) Reply
Wow, it looks great in CJ's slinky!
said... (9/25/02 10:33 PM) Reply
OMG, that's gorgeous! The wrap and everything. You did a fantastic job. It sounds like you learned a lot with this project -- and got excellent results. :)

by: LoriLaroo