Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 9958 (Mens and Boys Boxers)

Reviewed by:flyfront

About flyfrontstar
Member since: 1/24/06
Posted on:1/29/06 9:28 PM
Last Updated:2/17/06 11:02 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
See other patterns in this category: Kids(boys & girls)    Mens - Pants
LornaJay said... (1/23/07 4:09 PM) Reply
So, how do you manage to flat fell the crotch seam? I'm puzzling over this as I attempt my first pair of boxers for my brother. Feel free to PM me!
Melody said... (1/30/06 7:08 PM) Reply
Flyfront, great review. I'm glad you compared the two patterns (KS1672). As a woman, I have no reference as to which pattern is best suited for a man. I personally like to wear the KS one because I wear them as baggy shorts but DH may like this one a lot better. Thanks so much.
Fredette said... (1/30/06 3:42 AM) Reply
I have always used the Kwik Sew pattern. Now after reading your review I will have to try the Simplicity one . My son is slim too, so it will be interesting to see if he prefers them too. Thanks for the helpful info!
starchildmom said... (1/30/06 1:45 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review from a man's perspective. I have made these for my small sons, but I have hesitaed to make them for DH because he is very picky abour underwear. Know the inseam is long and the fir slim is a great help.
chick3y said... (1/29/06 11:42 PM) Reply
I like the fact that this has a back seat seam. RTW boxers usually have that 'pooped in the pants' look to them. I'm going to get this pattern for my DH!
Mary Stiefer said... (1/29/06 10:46 PM) Reply
I have used this pattern over and over again. I do not use snaps but (according to my stepson 26 and 30) the small button and buttonhole is the most comfortable. I agree that this is the best pattern for boxers.
Lori Sews said... (1/29/06 10:19 PM) Reply
Very nice. I like that the inseam is a bit longer. It's nice for lounging too. I will have to buy this pattern next Simplicity sale.

Victoria Jones Collection 309 Womens' Long Dress