Pattern Reviews> Textile Studio> 1409 (Madison Avenue Dress)

Reviewed by:KitnRose

About KitnRosestar
Member since: 6/18/03
Posted on:1/29/06 10:22 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 6 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
KitnRose said... (10/1/08 1:30 AM) Reply
And just updating for those who get to the end of these comments and are curious... Arm candy (aka non-date) and I just celebrated our first wedding anniversary. :)
QuickFade said... (2/25/06 4:18 PM) Reply
You and your nondate look like you were made for each other. Similar coloring, facial structure, and a very easy body language together. BTW, your dress looks marvelous, and you in it!
Lori Sews said... (2/3/06 3:51 PM) Reply
KitnRose, The dress is perfect. You look gorgeous, and I love that green wrap!
Karla Kizer said... (1/30/06 8:49 PM) Reply
It's perfect, Kit. Great choice, great execution.
Schnauzer said... (1/30/06 8:01 PM) Reply
What a gorgeous combination, you and the dress!
Gillian said... (1/30/06 5:25 PM) Reply
You look fantastic. Thank you sharing the whole process for this dress, from asking for pattern suggestions (I just read that thread today) to taking photos and writing a great review.
PVA said... (1/30/06 4:05 PM) Reply
Wow, I can only echo all the other comments! Elegant & comfortable is such a winning combination! (Peg L.'s comment ". . .arm accessory . . ." has me giggling & chortling!)
Peggy L said... (1/30/06 1:29 PM) Reply
Lovely on you - and the arm accessory is quite handsome!
Lisa Laree said... (1/30/06 12:14 PM) Reply
Fabulous! What a great Little Black Dress!
casken said... (1/30/06 12:11 PM) Reply
You look very classy. Very nice!
Harriet Rogers said... (1/30/06 11:35 AM) Reply
Perfect dress for you and the occasion. You look very elegant: am sure there were a lot of eyeballs looking in your direction. Beautiful dress.
AnneM said... (1/30/06 11:07 AM) Reply
Well, you are certainly ready for a night out. I often go see the symphony, and it would be a perfect dress for it. I keep looking at this pattern and haven't gotten it yet. Very nice non-date outfit. (Hmm, I went to a symphony non-date with my now husband. My outfit, though, was definitely not i-just-threw-this-on, but I thought the symphony was fancier dress than it is. It's more conservative.)
MarilynB said... (1/30/06 10:18 AM) Reply
This dress is perfection on you. Wonderful choice. I'm sure looking great added to the enjoyment of the evening.
milwaukee_kelly said... (1/30/06 9:17 AM) Reply
That's a great dress! Just-threw-this-on and elegant are such a great combo to pull off.
Chris Kelly said... (1/30/06 8:50 AM) Reply
Great dress! Thanks for review!
BjP said... (1/30/06 8:37 AM) Reply
Great looking dress! You look wonderful in it.
Deepika said... (1/30/06 8:01 AM) Reply
Kit, you look lovely. I am so glad this pattern worked for you. Its one of my favorites!
ryan's mom said... (1/30/06 7:24 AM) Reply
The dress looks lovely on you! I agree with all your comments, especially that rear view. I just made this up in a muslin and am making this dress today to wear tonight. Thanks for another great review!
Nickle said... (1/30/06 4:27 AM) Reply
Your looking stunning in your dress-hope your non date went well.
Asa Hagstrom said... (1/30/06 3:38 AM) Reply
Oh Kit, that dress was perfect! And I love your shoes too! I have this pattern traced, and I really should get around to cutting and sewing too.

Your "non"-date is really cute, and you look so sweet together. I hope it all goes well!

Tini said... (1/30/06 2:15 AM) Reply
wow, you look stunning. Elegant! Bet that non-date was is hit!
minieme said... (1/30/06 1:00 AM) Reply
You were dress to kill Kit. I'm sure (non) date was taken.
Aixoise said... (1/30/06 0:24 AM) Reply
What a pretty woman you are! That dress is just perfect: understated and elegant. Bow to the sewing goddesses.
jemgirlca said... (1/30/06 0:09 AM) Reply
Wow, that looks fantastic on you!!
PegL said... (1/30/06 0:00 AM) Reply
You look fantastic! Your dress turned out so nice! Now I want to know....how was the ''non date''?! He looks really cute! (I sneaked at peak at all the photos in your album!)
Cambric Tea said... (1/29/06 11:54 PM) Reply
Oh you look great! It's perfect!
drsue said... (1/29/06 11:35 PM) Reply
Love how this came out! I'm so glad you went with this pattern. Very sexy in an understated casual way.
Meguiar said... (1/29/06 11:00 PM) Reply
Very elegant! Looks great on you - love the shoes, too.
KitnRose said... (1/29/06 10:58 PM) Reply
Oops, forgot to tell Yahoo to share this pic with people besides me. Fixed now!
Lori Sews said... (1/29/06 10:27 PM) Reply
exact message: The File You Are Looking For Is Inaccessible Please sign in and try again or check with the owner of the file. The dress sounds fabulous, and I am so glad you had a great time. I know you looked smashing!
Lori Sews said... (1/29/06 10:26 PM) Reply
Kit, can't wait to see your TS dress! I get a message that reads, "file inaccessible" :)

by: wildberrym...

Islander Sewing Systems Men's City Western Shirt Pattern

Islander Sewing Systems Men's City Western Shirt Pattern

Jamie Christina Sunny Day Dress and Skirt Pattern (JC308SD)

Jamie Christina Sunny Day Dress and Skirt Pattern (JC308SD)