Pattern Reviews> Textile Studio> 1409 (Madison Avenue Dress)

Reviewed by:ryan's mom

About ryan's momstarstarstar
Member since: 11/30/04
Posted on:1/31/06 7:56 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 20 people
Lee Ann Hawkins said... (2/3/06 0:12 AM) Reply
This is beautiful and I think I may have enough nerve to try it after your excellent detailed review. You have a great figure and the dress is awesome on you!
ryan's mom said... (2/2/06 2:39 PM) Reply
knitter, yes it is sized for stretch knits only. Thanks everyone for the kind words. It's the first dress I've *loved* in a long time.
LiZ said... (2/1/06 8:24 PM) Reply
ryan's mom, Thanks for your very informative review, your dress is beautiful. Is this pattern sized for stretch knits only?
AnneM said... (2/1/06 5:37 AM) Reply
It's a plot to get me to buy this pattern, having 2 reviews on it in short order. Lovely dress. I like your pose, being so similar to the pattern picture. Good info on swayback, tight hips, and other adjustments I also might have to make!
Danvillegirl said... (2/1/06 5:27 AM) Reply
What a great review and so very helpful. You look great in the dress and the model stance just says "I look good and I know it". You should be proud as you created a lovely dress with great fit. I say make more of those for yourself.
KitnRose said... (2/1/06 2:34 AM) Reply
Beautiful! Isn't this just the best dress pattern ever? And if I have four kids, I just hope and pray I look one-tenth as fabulous as you.
Lori Sews said... (1/31/06 11:34 PM) Reply
Wonderful review and wonderful dress!
Debbie Cook said... (1/31/06 1:53 PM) Reply
Hey bring on the cheese! :) It looks great on you!
Cambric Tea said... (1/31/06 1:50 PM) Reply
Yes! I agree. An elegant dress and great fitting advice. Thank you!
sewbee73 said... (1/31/06 1:24 PM) Reply
Thank you for explaining your modifications to flatter a mommy belly; I have one too...sigh. I've been wanting this pattern for a while now and went ahead and bought it after reading your review!
CarolynGM said... (1/31/06 12:29 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress. Thanks for all the helpful fitting tips.
Georgene said... (1/31/06 11:16 AM) Reply
Excellent review. Makes me want this pattern, and that's saying something! I hope you make a few more of these. EOS has a great 4 way stretch rayon double knit that would be faaabulous in this.
Elona said... (1/31/06 11:05 AM) Reply
The dress looks terrific. Thanks for the many helpful tip, too.
BeckyC said... (1/31/06 10:43 AM) Reply
The dress looks fabulous on you! Thank you for the information about the snug fit in the tummy and hip and how you resolved it. Great job!
pterion said... (1/31/06 10:17 AM) Reply
Lovely! It looks fabulous on you! Thanks for a very helpful review.
Mary Stiefer said... (1/31/06 10:00 AM) Reply
Not only do you feel like a million bucks, you look like it too. What a classy looking dress.
2BSewing said... (1/31/06 9:16 AM) Reply
A very elegant dress you've made. Love the fabric choice. Enjoyed reading your review with the many helpful tips. You did a great job.
Linda E. said... (1/31/06 9:00 AM) Reply
love the dress.. your review is enjoyable and well written lots of good informatin here.
Lisette said... (1/31/06 8:03 AM) Reply
Very helpful and enjoyable review. I also have this pattern and have been delaying making it for the same sizing issues. Your dress looks great.

by: mimi g.

by: ladyithis

Islander Sewing Systems Jacket Express Pattern

Islander Sewing Systems Jacket Express Pattern

Sew Chic Spin Skirt Pattern (ln1209)

Sew Chic Spin Skirt Pattern (ln1209)