Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Textile Studio> 1103 (Skirt Wardrobe)

Reviewed by:Melanie Dahms

About Melanie Dahmsstar
OH USA
Posted on:9/26/02 10:59 PM
Last Updated:9/26/02 11:01 PM
See other patterns in this category: Skirts
Everyday Sewist said... (2/26/03 5:41 PM) Reply
Thanks for your thorough review. I am making this skirt for someone with a full high hip. Thank goodness I measured the pattern before cutting! I was wondering about that elastic topstitching too. It's good to know I don't necessarily have to do that.
said... (9/28/02 2:35 PM) Reply
I have made up the two and four gore skirts more times than I can count..easy together and great fit..the six gore I made in a very soft rayon challis..a lot of skirt for me.I am in danger of wearing the 2 and 4 gore pattern out.
said... (9/27/02 10:22 PM) Reply
I've made all three of the skirts in this trio, and the fit of the four-gore one tripped me up completely the first time I made it (in non-stretch denim). I had to give the skirt away. The second time I made the four-gore skirt in cotton/lycra, and it looks great. The two-gore and six-gore skirts don't have the same problem with fit, and it's so wonderful to be able to produce a really wearable skirt with a couple of hours. The only thing they lack is pocket!
said... (9/27/02 5:49 PM) Reply
So glad you have a replacement for your lost skirt "friend". That the pattern measurement is the garment measurement surprises me, given that is not stated on the pattern envelope. VERY helpful to know that before using the pattern.
said... (9/27/02 9:14 AM) Reply
Thank you for your review, Melanie, it will be very helpful when I get around to making this pattern. The skirt sounds great, we'd all love to see a pic sometime.
said... (9/27/02 1:44 AM) Reply
Sounds great, Melanie. You've replaced the long-loved friend, and can now wear it for the rest of your life if you want. Thanks for the review, it's good to know about the measurements.

Marfy 2286