Online Sewing Class: Restyling with Exposed Zippers

Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 4028 (Princess-line jacket)

Reviewed by:julieb

About juliebstar
VA USA
Member since: 10/28/02
Posted on:2/1/06 7:25 PM
Pattern Size:Regular Petite

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
Elle D said... (1/28/10 10:44 PM) Reply
Still stunning! I'm looking for this pattern and your review came up in a google search, I'll bet the envelope picture is nowhere near as beautiful.
Restart06 said... (11/30/08 9:03 PM) Reply
Very beautiful!!!! Great job!!!
Stitchology said... (10/11/06 4:02 PM) Reply
I have the same fabric from Mekong and was considering this jacket for it. I have a different red from there and a different black multi, so we would still have unique garments. Thanks for the encouraging review.
redsquid said... (6/12/06 10:05 AM) Reply
What a beautiful gift - great use of fabric, with the large print and placement of the red flowers. ~Linda (redsquid)
layla said... (2/10/06 6:54 PM) Reply
Interesting use of your fabric.. it's beautiful ... thank you for this review (and all those small pieces of fabric I have ...hmm)
Ann Smith said... (2/4/06 6:43 PM) Reply
I love your interpretation of this jacket. The red trim and slanted pockets really create a flattering look.
hongkongshopper said... (2/3/06 1:20 AM) Reply
The jacket is just gorgeous! I love your combination of fabric. The water lily one is just divine!
Cambric Tea said... (2/2/06 8:24 PM) Reply
What a great interpretation of a pattern! Awesome!
Queendom said... (2/2/06 1:02 PM) Reply
Great review, I'm buying the pattern and adding you to my favorite reviewers. We obviously have the same taste in clothes.
julieb said... (2/2/06 11:27 AM) Reply
Glenda wrote: It appears to have no closure though so I wondered if you just left off the buttons or is that the pattern? Hi Glenda. This jacket is supposed to meet at CF with no overlap and close with hidden hooks/eyes or frogs. One view has a tie closure. All of the views seem to close at the waist with the jacket spreading open below that point at CF.
Jan B. said... (2/2/06 11:23 AM) Reply
Love your rendition of this pattern. It now goes on my "wish list." Thank you for your comments on fit.
MarilynB said... (2/2/06 11:11 AM) Reply
You changed the look of this jacket so much with your fabric choices. It's lovely. This pattern sounds like a keeper.
G_l_e_n_d_a said... (2/2/06 11:00 AM) Reply
Love how this looks. It appears to have no closure though so I wondered if you just left off the buttons or is that the pattern?
pterion said... (2/2/06 9:55 AM) Reply
Really special and beautifully done. What a good daughter-in-law you are!
Modiste Madness said... (2/2/06 8:39 AM) Reply
I have never been good at saving the best until last so I always open the pictures for the reviews from the front page. My initial reaction when you popped up was, "That is just so good!" You did a wonderful job combining fabrics, with shape, and details.
AnneM said... (2/2/06 8:37 AM) Reply
Sharp.
BeckyC said... (2/2/06 8:33 AM) Reply
Breathtaking jacket! Love the fabric combinations. Thank you for the comments on the pattern sizing.
Jane S said... (2/2/06 7:57 AM) Reply
Julie, it's absolutely breathtaking, something out of a high end boutique. What a wonderful job and thoughtful gift.
ryan's mom said... (2/2/06 6:32 AM) Reply
Lovely! I love your use of color and fabric on this jacket.
Danvillegirl said... (2/2/06 5:23 AM) Reply
Love the fabric combinations. Lovely jacket.
Georgene said... (2/2/06 0:06 AM) Reply
Great pattern, I love the versatitlity of all the looks presented on the envelope. Your version is very nice, and shows off the silhouette well.
Mary Stiefer said... (2/2/06 0:01 AM) Reply
This is gorgeous and the combinations of fabric is stunning. Very nice.
Lisa Laree said... (2/1/06 10:48 PM) Reply
Very, very impressive! Looks so uptown...whoda thunk it was a Butterick? ;)
Re Becca said... (2/1/06 10:08 PM) Reply
Cool! Love the colors. You make the pattern envelope look so boring!
Juli_et said... (2/1/06 9:55 PM) Reply
beautiful!!!
TarheelSewer said... (2/1/06 9:40 PM) Reply
It's absolutely gorgeous!!!!
AndSewOn said... (2/1/06 9:35 PM) Reply
How lovely! Wish I were your DMIL.
Lori Sews said... (2/1/06 9:32 PM) Reply
Beautiful and unique.
jlg said... (2/1/06 8:45 PM) Reply
What a great jacket. I really like your color combinations.
Sew4Fun said... (2/1/06 8:18 PM) Reply
Lovely. Your fabric combination is striking.
Leslie in Austin said... (2/1/06 8:13 PM) Reply
Wow, that's really really lovely. Your fabric combo is terrific. The red bands on the sleeves are my favorite part!
elizajo said... (2/1/06 7:52 PM) Reply
Lovely fabric choices. You have an artistic talent for combining fabrics.
seKimberlyso said... (2/1/06 7:43 PM) Reply
Great job. Looks so expensive.
Riordan said... (2/1/06 7:34 PM) Reply
This jacket is beautiful!! Wow!!! I have the pattern--unused. I'm going to cut it out this weekend. You have inspired me. Thanks for sharing your beautiful work and writing such a helpful review.
Tarawebster said... (2/1/06 7:29 PM) Reply
WOW! Your jacket is simply stunning. I love the combination of fabric colors that you used. It looks like it belongs in the pages of a fashion magazine. Thanks for the great review and the inspiratio!
twistedangel said... (2/1/06 7:28 PM) Reply
I really love the fabric choices. Good job on construction as well. :-)

by: endlesslye...