Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3236 (Misses Jackets)

Reviewed by:julieb

About juliebstar
VA USA
Member since: 10/28/02
Posted on:2/1/06 10:27 PM
Last Updated:2/1/06 10:30 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
See other patterns in this category: Vests    Coat/Jacket    Suits / Separates    Skirts
cybermom said... (1/20/09 3:45 PM) Reply
Both of these jackets look great! I love the colors on this one.
OP Gal said... (6/18/06 1:57 PM) Reply
I LOVE this jacket! You did a wonderful job. I'm really impressed with your embroidering our own fabric.
Muria said... (4/3/06 12:04 PM) Reply
Wow, what a beautiful jacket! I love the fabrics you chose, too. I'll have to look into this one. :)
PVA said... (4/2/06 12:40 PM) Reply
Thanks for this review -- I missed this one the 1st time around. I love what you've done with this pattern! Needless to say, this pattern is now on my wish list!
hongkongshopper said... (2/3/06 1:14 AM) Reply
I really like the pink and green one. My favourite colours - to look at but probably not on me - I need stronger colours.
G_l_e_n_d_a said... (2/2/06 8:52 PM) Reply
Just lovely. And I would not have recognized that they came from the same pattern. Nice variations.
PixieCat said... (2/2/06 4:23 PM) Reply
Stunning! What unique and stylish jackets.
Jan B. said... (2/2/06 11:29 AM) Reply
Your work is just beautiful!
Frogstitcher said... (2/2/06 10:48 AM) Reply
So lovely and feminine. Great creativity.
kmouse said... (2/2/06 10:35 AM) Reply
Interesting review. I like the way you incorporated your patternmaking software and purchased pattern. Your embroidery is lovely and the way you incorporated buttonholes with embroidery shows you are a master at the machine. Lovely mix of fabrics as well.
kwpanthermom said... (2/2/06 9:54 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket and very sophisticated fabric and color choices. You have a good eye.
julieb said... (2/2/06 9:19 AM) Reply
happy jack: Keep your eyes posted. I'm working on three garments at the moment where I have copied a commercial pattern (from Hot Patterns) in my software. One of the garments I made up from the pattern and reviewed that -- I'm going to compare and contrast the two versions.
happy jack said... (2/2/06 8:40 AM) Reply
This review was most helpful to me - using software with commercial patterns is exactly what I am trying to learn to do.
mamakooz said... (2/2/06 8:37 AM) Reply
Your jackets are adorable! I am sure you get plenty of compliments when you wear them.
AnneM said... (2/2/06 8:32 AM) Reply
Very cute jackets. I've looked at this pattern before, as an opportunity to "play" and use up smaller amounts of different fabrics.
Jane S said... (2/2/06 8:04 AM) Reply
Thanks for sharing both versions of this jacket. They're each beautiful and so unique.
regine said... (2/2/06 7:54 AM) Reply
What a beautiful jacket, your choice of fabrics is fabulous, well done.
ryan's mom said... (2/2/06 6:35 AM) Reply
I'm in admiration of your fabric combinations! (I don't have that talent). Another lovely jacket with great use of color and fabric.
CarolynD said... (2/2/06 0:09 AM) Reply
Vey inspirational, just gorgeous.
Mary Stiefer said... (2/2/06 0:03 AM) Reply
What an unusual and appealing jacking.
Michelle T said... (2/1/06 11:51 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket thank you for sharing it.
noreend said... (2/1/06 10:50 PM) Reply
Both jackets are stunning and inspirational. Thanks for sharing!

by: catintheha...

Islander Sewing Systems Baja Shirt Pattern

Islander Sewing Systems Baja Shirt Pattern

Sew Chic Phantom Jacket and Pant Pattern (ln1106)

Sew Chic Phantom Jacket and Pant Pattern (ln1106)