Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 6838 (nightgown)

Reviewed by:Cathy Loves Fabric

About Cathy Loves Fabricstar
Member since: 4/16/04
Posted on:2/2/06 2:40 PM
Last Updated:6/28/06 1:33 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
See other patterns in this category: Sleepwear
ereader said... (1/3/13 6:24 PM) Reply
Is there a picture of the gown somewhere? I'd love to see it, but cannot find it.
ereader said... (1/3/13 6:23 PM) Reply
hejest said... (7/1/06 8:58 PM) Reply
Where I am in Canada the satin is called "cuddle soft satin" sold through Fabricland. It's very often sold in many RTW stores around Christmas and is very popular. It's fantastic for jammies too!
Elemenopeo said... (6/28/06 5:27 PM) Reply
The green gown is beautiful too.
wvsher said... (6/28/06 2:48 PM) Reply
Your summer gown is gorgeous. Love the fabric!
Debbie Cook said... (6/28/06 1:59 PM) Reply
Another winner Cathy! Thanks for showing us version 2.
Rhoda K said... (6/28/06 1:45 PM) Reply
Both gowns are just gorgeous! Great review.
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (6/28/06 1:41 PM) Reply
I edited my review to add that the fabric is a somewhat sheer rayon which is why there is no picture of me wearing this nightgown. Sherril, I started with Kwik Sew 2930 for the style of the panties but had to go all the way down to a size 8 to get the right fit. I used KS 2100 for the sizing. Maybe I should review them too.
mastdenman said... (6/28/06 1:06 PM) Reply
Love the flannelback satin. The green ones look nice too. I made some pull-on pj pants out of that red flannelback.
MaryLynn in Long Beach said... (6/28/06 11:41 AM) Reply
Pretty, Pretty, Pretty, Cathy!
Sherril Miller said... (6/28/06 11:29 AM) Reply
I hope you and DH have a good time on your trip. That nightie turned out very pretty. That pattern is really working for you, maybe I need it too. What pattern did you use for the panties?
ReneeSews said... (6/28/06 11:12 AM) Reply
I love the fabric for version 2 is it the green flannel back satin? Green is my favorite color. Love the nighty, I agree granny gowns are out! Would love to see version 2 on you. Thank you for the reply on the fabric, I thought it looked sheer, lol. Lovely, just lovely!
Princess Jenny said... (6/28/06 11:11 AM) Reply
What beautiful nightgowns. The summer material is gorgeous! It shimmers and the ribbon used for the bow just makes it look even more romantic. The matching panties are a great idea, too!
StitchQueen101 said... (5/7/06 10:13 AM) Reply
It does look sexy! The fabric and that beautiful neckline are fabulous!
Sherril Miller said... (3/5/06 2:02 AM) Reply
I agree plus sized night gowns especially for us shorties are impossible to find. Your solution in this pattern worked out beautifully. I love it.
coquerel said... (2/21/06 5:37 PM) Reply
verry lovely dress romantic satin , the best
touran said... (2/3/06 1:49 PM) Reply
What a stunning color. The neckline is beautiful and it looks so good on you.
sherri2sew said... (2/3/06 11:10 AM) Reply
Pretty gown. I love sweetheart necklines. Your gown looks like it came from one of those pricely lingerie specialty shops! edited to add: you can RECOVER from perfectionism??????
Jane S said... (2/3/06 10:25 AM) Reply
You definitely made what you were looking for, that cool weather nightgown that's not frumpy looking. Love the neckline and color and bravo to you for not losng faith that you could do it!
AnneM said... (2/3/06 9:19 AM) Reply
Go figure; you just never know what you will find at JoAnns. I have a very similar (older) Butterick nightgown pattern that is in UFO status for me. Yours came out very nicely. Good job on your grading.
Debbie Cook said... (2/3/06 7:23 AM) Reply
Very pretty. Love the color on you! Looks like you did a great job of grading the pattern for a perfect fit.
melgosews said... (2/3/06 7:14 AM) Reply
What a great pattern! Looks nice in red on you. I love the tucks and neckline.
NoraNora said... (2/3/06 2:38 AM) Reply
Wow, it looks warm and sexy! Now that's a hard combo to achieve...but you've done it! Great gown for Valentine's Day!
Mary Stiefer said... (2/2/06 10:39 PM) Reply
Beautiful gown - I always liked red for a gown.
luvzdogz said... (2/2/06 6:34 PM) Reply
Flannel-backed satin! Wow! never seen it but it sounds wonderful and so cozy! What a beautiful nightie!
bunz said... (2/2/06 6:16 PM) Reply
Kudos to you for sticking with it and ending up w a such apretty gown. Good review.
mastdenman said... (2/2/06 4:14 PM) Reply
I like the gown. I agree, the fabric is just wonderful.
Mamashea said... (2/2/06 4:02 PM) Reply
that is just lovely I really like the neckline the fabric is gorgeous.
Runrover said... (2/2/06 3:12 PM) Reply
Cathy; what a beautiful gown. The color and fit look very nice. I think I'll have to pick up this pattern.

The Whimsy Bag Paper Pattern