Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3408 (Misses Dresses)

Reviewed by:seKimberlyso

About seKimberlysostar
Member since: 5/7/04

Posted on:2/3/06 2:03 PM
Last Updated:2/3/06 4:15 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 25 people
purpleseamstress said... (12/29/06 11:10 AM) Reply
This wrap dress looks so good on you!
cmarie12 said... (2/4/06 12:14 PM) Reply
That is a really cute dress on you and such a good use of one of Fabric Mart's bundles! Thanks for an informative review!
Katharine in BXL said... (2/4/06 11:03 AM) Reply
You look luuuuvly! It;s great this woked out so well on you, and it's easy to sew. Who doesn't love that?
ryan's mom said... (2/4/06 9:43 AM) Reply
Great dress, great review! Thanks for all the details--they were very helpful.
MarilynB said... (2/4/06 9:41 AM) Reply
This dress is a keeper!
AnneM said... (2/4/06 9:21 AM) Reply
You're fast; that's in the new line they just came out with. Very nice job. It looks great on you. Great shoes, also.
CatherineG said... (2/4/06 6:16 AM) Reply
You look wonderful in that dress. Thank you for the detailed review.
DD'Onfro said... (2/4/06 1:44 AM) Reply
This dress fits you beautifully. I'm going to have to give KS a try.
Lori V said... (2/3/06 11:45 PM) Reply
Incedible dress.
sherri2sew said... (2/3/06 10:25 PM) Reply
You made a winner -- looks great on you.
seKimberlyso said... (2/3/06 9:30 PM) Reply
You would actually have to lengthen the bodice. This is not sewn as a one piece dress, you sew the bodice to the bottom skirt. It would be hard to draft using part of the bottom --dress/skirt-- and the bodice. You could just lengthen the bodice and it would probably work fine. Great idea, have to try that now. I can compare it to another wrap top I have to see the drafting: Click Here
Sherril Miller said... (2/3/06 9:19 PM) Reply
Excellent. That is a great dress and a very good review. The FBA info was just what I needed to know. Do you think it would also make a good top if you shortened to hip length?
CarolynGM said... (2/3/06 8:22 PM) Reply
A perfect style and fit for you.
GoSewGirl said... (2/3/06 8:12 PM) Reply
Great dress! I can't wait to get this one and make it up for myself!
seKimberlyso said... (2/3/06 7:45 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone, it is a great pattern. Yep Debbie, I kept telling DS "Hurry up before I am blown away." He just snapped it before another storm hit. Touran, yes itís the new spring pattern. (Thanks Debbie for getting out to me so quick.) HMS7: Yeah, its funny I think itís the wrong side, but even the link I have from FM shows this side; I just preferred it.
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (2/3/06 5:53 PM) Reply
wow !! Kimberley, beautiful dress, it fits so well on you. Hey...you are using the other side of the fabric after all, this side looks great too. Yes it is amazing fabric, wish I had you speed to hurry and make up my pants in this too!
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (2/3/06 5:49 PM) Reply
Oh Wow, beautiful fit, fabric, style, you look gorgeous.
Riordan said... (2/3/06 5:30 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress! The style, fit, and fabric are lovely. I really like your creative sleeve solution to fabric constraint--looks great! Thanks for the detailed review.
AquariJenn said... (2/3/06 5:13 PM) Reply
Thanks for your review. This pattern is on my must have list. I'll be making it very soon.
beangirl said... (2/3/06 4:53 PM) Reply
beautiful (and a great use of that "weird" FM fabric)! I might have to try this one after all (I swore off KwikSew for a while, but this is just CUTE). And man, you sew fast!!
milwaukee_kelly said... (2/3/06 4:38 PM) Reply
That's a great looking dress!
Stacy Sews said... (2/3/06 4:33 PM) Reply
Great looking dress - I like the fabric with it! Thanks for the review!
pterion said... (2/3/06 4:25 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress! Very flattering!
drsue said... (2/3/06 4:24 PM) Reply
Excellent dress on you!
Marie_P. said... (2/3/06 4:14 PM) Reply
Your dress is beautiful. That color looks great on you!! Thank you for the in depth review!
Mirza said... (2/3/06 4:11 PM) Reply
Thank you for reviewing this pattern. I have it ordered and am anxiously waiting for it. Now I know I made the right choice. I know this one will be a favorite of 2006!
bunz said... (2/3/06 3:55 PM) Reply
Looks great on you -- good color!
Seamingly Simple said... (2/3/06 3:52 PM) Reply
Your dress looks far prettier than the rather bland drawings on the pattern envelope. Thanks for all the details on adjustments.
KarenP said... (2/3/06 3:39 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress!
BjP said... (2/3/06 3:35 PM) Reply
Great dress and a great review.
Lori Sews said... (2/3/06 3:28 PM) Reply
Kimberly, thanks for the excellent review. I have the pattern, and the fabric. Your dress is gorgeous on you.
Frogstitcher said... (2/3/06 3:24 PM) Reply
Your dress is lovely and it looks amazing on you.
touran said... (2/3/06 3:15 PM) Reply
Wow - the fit is beautiful, never mind how fast you sew. Great job. Is this a new pattern?
zeoplum said... (2/3/06 3:07 PM) Reply
Looks like an expensive dress to me. And it's very flattering!
Nickle said... (2/3/06 3:07 PM) Reply
Great looking dress, really fits you nice. Great use of FM bundle fabric.
CarolynD said... (2/3/06 2:49 PM) Reply
That dress is very smart, very simple and flattering. I will make that one of these days.
Tailypo said... (2/3/06 2:48 PM) Reply
Great looking dress!
PegL said... (2/3/06 2:47 PM) Reply
Excellent review! Your dress is very pretty! I was not orginally impressed with the new line up of KS patterns but you've seriously messed with my head on this one! I see another KS pattern in my future!
Mufffet said... (2/3/06 2:45 PM) Reply
This is lovely - as soon as this one hit the site I put it in my wishlist. This looks sooo nice on you!
Cambric Tea said... (2/3/06 2:44 PM) Reply
Good job! I know you're going to reach for this one again and again. Wrap dresses rule.
Mary Stiefer said... (2/3/06 2:40 PM) Reply
What a great looking dress and the fabric looks great too. What more could you ask for?
Elona said... (2/3/06 2:37 PM) Reply
Kimberly, the dress looks terrific on you. What a recommendation for this pattern!
diane s said... (2/3/06 2:10 PM) Reply
Your dress is SO flattering and I appreciated your pattern adjustment details. I love the fact there is already a dart....this pattern will be on my 'to buy' list.
Debbie Cook said... (2/3/06 2:08 PM) Reply
Your dress looks great Kimberly!! Thank you for all the details in your review. (I bet you took that pic today, right? I recognize the gray sky!)

Stretch & Sew 312