Online Sewing Class: Bust Adjustments

Pattern Reviews> Burda> 8263 (Asymmetric jacket)

Reviewed by:Nikki

About Nikkistarstarstarstar
MD USA
Member since: 4/8/02
Posted on:2/4/06 11:13 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
Nikki said... (2/6/06 5:00 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone! Linda L, yes, the triangular insets are cut on the bias - I bet this would be neat in a stripe or something. I fused the whole jacket with So Sheer, in part because I didn't want any weirdness from the bias panels given that the wool crepe is a relatively loose weave.
julieb said... (2/6/06 9:57 AM) Reply
Beautiful job. This pattern has been languishing in my stash for a year now. Time to make it up. Thanks for a helpful review.
zeoplum said... (2/6/06 0:40 AM) Reply
Everytime I see your name in the list of reviews, I know I'm most likely going to see a great looking (and usually unique) jacket. And that's exactly what I got this time, too. I always enjoy seeing what you're doing. Thank you for taking the time to share!
PVA said... (2/5/06 10:58 PM) Reply
Nikki, your jacket is smashing! I love the lines & it looks just wonderful on you! I'm still plodding along at the tail-end of the class but begining to see some real progress! Your success encourages me to keep on truckin'.
Deepika said... (2/5/06 6:36 PM) Reply
wow that jacket is so sharp Nikki.. I love it!
Sewliz said... (2/5/06 1:21 PM) Reply
Nice job on the jacket! I like the shape of the closing, reminds me of Armani's suits.
cindyann said... (2/5/06 12:40 PM) Reply
What a great jacket! Very flattering on you.
Frogstitcher said... (2/5/06 11:01 AM) Reply
This jacket looks very faminine and flattering on you. I'm a sucker for taylored garments and I think this is a pattern I need to add to my collection. I'll be refering to your review when I go to make it up. Thanks for sharing.
Gillian said... (2/5/06 10:55 AM) Reply
Another great jacket by Nikki! I really like the color and unique style.
lilhoney57 said... (2/5/06 9:30 AM) Reply
Nikki, you make the best jackets & coats!
AnneM said... (2/5/06 9:07 AM) Reply
Congrats, Nikki. Nice jacket, great color. And this does look like a flattering style; I might have to consider it. Love the design lines.
Tiner W said... (2/5/06 9:00 AM) Reply
Very smart jacket! It looks great on you!
Leslie in Austin said... (2/5/06 8:54 AM) Reply
Great color and shape on you, Nikki. The trim fit is really flattering. Love the triangular inset in the back and your choice of buttons.
Jane S said... (2/5/06 8:31 AM) Reply
Nikki, lovely jacket and color. And those beautiful seaming lines are great. It's encouraging ot know, also, that the back triangle wasn't too hard. I think I'd like view B also. My biggest part is right where A cuts across so the open front just points to my large high hip. I believe view B would be a better proportion on me.
Danvillegirl said... (2/5/06 7:41 AM) Reply
Glad to read your review. Saw this made up in Stitches magazine and purchased the pattern. Looks very good on you. The pattern calls for back insert and front to be on bias, did that create any problems for you?
blue mooney said... (2/5/06 7:27 AM) Reply
Love the lines, especially in the back! Hope you enjoy it.
CarolynGM said... (2/5/06 7:01 AM) Reply
The triangular insets and shape of this jacket are extremely flattering to your figure. Even if you don't make this one again, I think you have found a shape that works for you.
jlg said... (2/5/06 6:43 AM) Reply
Very cool jacket. It looks great on you.
Vivienne said... (2/5/06 1:00 AM) Reply
Wow, that is some beautiful workmanship. Nice colour too!
Seamingly Simple said... (2/5/06 0:38 AM) Reply
I just love the inverted triangle on the back! The teal colour is fabulous on you but understandably hard to match. Covered buttons are always an option, I guess, if you don't mind the way they handle.
Vonnevo said... (2/5/06 0:25 AM) Reply
Lovely Nikki :)
Mary Stiefer said... (2/4/06 11:58 PM) Reply
This is beautiful and makes it quite obvious that you are an advanced sewer. The fact that you continue to take classes like the Speed Tailoring is wonderful.
BeckyC said... (2/4/06 11:56 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket. Love the assymetrical lines.
Karla Kizer said... (2/4/06 11:45 PM) Reply
Good one, Nikki. I completely overlooked the great lines in this design until I saw your version. Beautiful color, too.
drsue said... (2/4/06 11:37 PM) Reply
This is a really great jacket on you. The lines are just stunning.
Pam Z said... (2/4/06 11:31 PM) Reply
I hope you enjoy wearing this jacket, Nikki. The shape is flattering on you!
MaryBeth said... (2/4/06 11:21 PM) Reply
Love that color, Nikki. The back lines make your waist look so tiny, woohooo. Nice! Great Pattern.
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (2/4/06 11:19 PM) Reply
Beautifully done jacket wow so elegantly tailored looking. Great job! I have this pattern too, love the lines, assymmetry etc.

You Sew Girl 150mm Purse Frame Purse Pattern