Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3238 (RTW-Inspired Ruffled Bikini)

Reviewed by:SewingSkater

About SewingSkaterstarstar
Member since: 1/5/05
Posted on:2/19/06 12:07 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 20 people

Other Projects by SewingSkater using this Pattern

RobinMCPA said... (1/15/07 5:32 PM) Reply
Wow, thanks for the step by step details! Great review!
*Jessica* said... (11/12/06 5:19 PM) Reply
it looks really nice. very cute/fun too! i was like "where is her picture? i only see the model pic" hehe it is your picture though
cocobean said... (9/8/06 10:05 PM) Reply
You did such a great job with that suit. I am going to try it myself. So far, this is the most useful review that I've read. I sew alot of bathing suits so your tips are really going to make a BIG difference for me. Thanks!
mommietothree0 said... (8/8/06 10:52 PM) Reply
What is milliskin and where do you find it? Adorable suit! May be the cutest I've seen, even in RTW.
Jacqui315 said... (3/4/06 12:20 PM) Reply
Thanks for your review! It looks fab! I just bought this pattern. Do you have to use a coverstich machine to complete this pattern?
Katharine in BXL said... (2/21/06 9:53 PM) Reply
Fantastic suit, and how nice to have printable ruffles! I'm a M too.
ryan's mom said... (2/20/06 8:19 PM) Reply
That is such a nice bathing suit! Makes me very cold though :) . Thanks for including your measurements with the size you used. That is so helpful to me.
potter said... (2/20/06 11:55 AM) Reply
Well, you've done it again! Your design modifications and choice of fabrics are wonderful - and the result is a suit that is absolutely adorable! Thanks for putting together such a wonderful review. Very professional job.
Danvillegirl said... (2/20/06 5:23 AM) Reply
Very nice swimsuit. Very helpful information you shared. Looks great on you.
Mely5862 said... (2/19/06 11:14 PM) Reply
What a geat job and I like how you always add RTW elements you like. Might be time to upgrade you rating to advanced!
Mely5862 said... (2/19/06 11:13 PM) Reply

Levone said... (2/19/06 9:38 PM) Reply
Very cute suit! I love the color combinations that you used.
Judy Williment said... (2/19/06 7:52 PM) Reply
What a fabulous suit! If you're after a tan, I'll cheerfully give you the sunburn I copped yesterday on a glorious late summer day lying on my deck ;-)
jemgirlca said... (2/19/06 7:41 PM) Reply
So cute!
Vonnevo said... (2/19/06 6:16 PM) Reply
Leslie, a fabulous cute swimsuit. Forget the natural tan and all it's risks, cheat with a bottle of self tanning lotion.
milwaukee_kelly said... (2/19/06 6:03 PM) Reply
Great suit Leslie! I like how you altered the top; thanks for sharing it too.
Leslie in Austin said... (2/19/06 5:21 PM) Reply
So cute!! I love the polka dots and the ruffle is the perfect feminine juxtaposition to your lovely athletic figure. Very inspiring. Thanks for the detailed how tos. The swimwear fabric aging in my stash thanks you, too.
Meguiar said... (2/19/06 4:55 PM) Reply
Super cute suit! Very flattering on you - the colors are terrific - great job!
Mariko said... (2/19/06 3:56 PM) Reply
Thank you for your review and putting details! It look sooooooooo cute on you, and I am very motivated to make one (not bikini, but tankini) for myself. You did a great job and very inspirational!
Debbie Cook said... (2/19/06 3:32 PM) Reply
Very cute! And who cares if you're tan or not with that BOD!
kremmer said... (2/19/06 3:18 PM) Reply
Well done. Looks very "now"!
MaryLynn in Long Beach said... (2/19/06 2:52 PM) Reply
Lynngray said... (2/19/06 2:06 PM) Reply
Cute suit. Job well done.
Mariko said... (2/19/06 1:43 PM) Reply
Thank you for your review and putting details! It look so cute on you, and I am very motivated to make one (not bikini, but tankini) for myself. You did a great job and very inspirational!
casken said... (2/19/06 1:32 PM) Reply
I love your swimsuit! It looks very good on you.
Gilraen Surion said... (2/19/06 1:27 PM) Reply
Lovely swimsuit. I am jealous of the colour, Absolutely love that colour but can't wear it. I look like a corps in it. You, however, pull it off beautifully even without the suntan
QuickFade said... (2/19/06 1:07 PM) Reply
This reminds me so much of a bikini I had in my teen years the seventies in Florida! Very cute. I've progressed to boy bottoms and cropped cami-type swim tops, but your version could motivate me to get in shape! And, you really did a nice job on are instructions "article." Good job!
Nickle said... (2/19/06 12:57 PM) Reply
Your suit looks fabulous on you. Love the fabric you chose.
BjP said... (2/19/06 12:50 PM) Reply
Boy is this ever a cute suit! You look great in it and I love love love the color! I will never again - sigh - be in the market for sewing a swimsuit, but if I was, this would be a great review to refer to!
Lori Sews said... (2/19/06 12:13 PM) Reply
What a cute swimsuit! It looks so RTW. Great color combo, and I love your ruffle! Thanks for the great instructions and review. You look fantastic Leslie with or without a tan!

Pattern Work