Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 01-2006-111 (blouse)

Viewed 1977 times

Posted on:2/8/06 11:26 AM
Last Updated:2/8/06 2:20 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 14 people

Katharine in BXL said... (4/26/06 12:15 PM) Reply
Jaw dropping... please sew & review more! You are fantastic. The embroidery is outta sight. I love yellow on you--so pretty.
CSM--Carla said... (4/26/06 8:10 AM) Reply
Inspiring gorgeous blouse!
Ronda Rae said... (4/26/06 6:58 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! Maybe some day I'll get bored with shirt making- I'm still trying to hone my skills to your level. Thanks for sharing!
danglette said... (4/6/06 4:37 AM) Reply
I would also love to know how to do a FBA, my limited knowledge tells me it'd probably work well with this pattern because of the darts, is that correct?
danglette said... (4/6/06 4:34 AM) Reply
Very smart. Everyone's wardrobe needs a couple of blouses like this, they are so versatile and work with almost anything because of the touch of class they provide. Unfortunately my blouses are RTWs and the sleeves are too short, so I plan to make this pattern up - I could do with one for every day of the week... Ann, your work is an inspiration!
valerie sews said... (2/23/06 5:56 PM) Reply
Ann Thank you for sharing your professional quality work with us. I've just discovered you and I'm now a fan! Welcome to PR.
BSYMPLS said... (2/11/06 12:41 PM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous work! Enjoyed the slide show.
LindaP said... (2/10/06 11:49 AM) Reply
Thanks Ann, you made me "need" the skirt pattern (and an embroidery machine). I'll just settle for the pattern today.
martinanne said... (2/10/06 9:51 AM) Reply
Very beautiful! I'm looking forward to seeing more from you!
Schnauzer said... (2/9/06 6:42 PM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous!
eauinaz said... (2/9/06 4:49 PM) Reply
you did a beautiful job. The machine embrodiery was lovely.
Lorna C. Newman said... (2/9/06 2:41 PM) Reply
Ann, I have seen the photos and they are lovely! I was looking at your links and the first link you posted is for a US yahoo photo site, while your others are UK sites. Could this be the problem there?
Susan obsessive sewing said... (2/9/06 12:37 PM) Reply
Hi Anne, i love the blouses too, and alwyas enjoy your input on the pfaff yahoo group. Can I ask what interfacing you used for the shirt collar?
Ann Rowley said... (2/9/06 11:12 AM) Reply
LindaP The skirt is Burds 8407. It's a really flattering and popular style and almost always gets a comment. And thanks to you all for your lovely comments on my work.
LindaP said... (2/9/06 10:10 AM) Reply
Ann, your blouse is absolutely exquisite! Oh, if we could only reach out and touch that fabric, it sounds lovely. I too enjoyed all your pictures and loved your flared skirt on slide 5, did you make it also? And if so, is it a Burda pattern.
Jane S said... (2/9/06 9:59 AM) Reply
Gorgeous blouse, beautiful work and design. Thanks for sharing and your insights into the patten...that collar would make me hesitate as well.
Peggy L said... (2/9/06 7:30 AM) Reply
Beautiful work! Thank you for sharing your lovely creations.
Chris Kelly said... (2/9/06 7:20 AM) Reply
Just seen the pictures...beautiful!!! Thank you for the review.
hongkongshopper said... (2/9/06 3:40 AM) Reply
Ann, Welcome to Pattern Review. Beautiful work, as always. VickiM
Amelie said... (2/9/06 1:56 AM) Reply
Such beautiful blouses! The skirt and pants worn in the photos are also wonderful.
Leora said... (2/8/06 11:23 PM) Reply
Welcome to PR. Your embroidery is fresh and inspiring. Beautiful!
Riordan said... (2/8/06 9:06 PM) Reply
Truly lovely blouses with impeccable workmanship. A joy to see your artistry--more, please!
MaryBeth said... (2/8/06 8:26 PM) Reply
Very nice blouses, Ann. Your mention of the pattern's 2 piece sleeves and placket in one seam got my interest. But I just love looking at your embroidery and fine sewing. Thanks!
touran said... (2/8/06 8:11 PM) Reply
Ann - what fabulous work you do. I also took advantage of your yahoo photo diaries. I hope you won't be offended if I 'borrow' a handful of your wonderful details.
CarolynGM said... (2/8/06 7:45 PM) Reply
I enjoyed your slide show so much that I watched it twice. You have excellent taste and superb skills. I look forward to many more of your reviews.
Lynngray said... (2/8/06 6:38 PM) Reply
WOW, just beautiful. Your workmanship is wonderful also
Sewliz said... (2/8/06 5:28 PM) Reply
How very lovely, I like your version of the blouse. You are so stylish, I am inspired!
Sew4Fun said... (2/8/06 5:26 PM) Reply
Lovely classic blouse.
Lori V said... (2/8/06 5:02 PM) Reply
Just beautiful. I too lurk at SW and have often admired your creations. The embroidery is just exquisite
Lisette said... (2/8/06 4:30 PM) Reply
Your blouses are exquisite. I'm planning on making this pattern so thanks for the review.
CarolynD said... (2/8/06 3:57 PM) Reply
How beautiful and elegant, I wish I had that level of skill. Very nice. I love the embroiderey.
SewLimited said... (2/8/06 3:44 PM) Reply
What a classic blouse, I love the higher collar rise.
Kira R said... (2/8/06 3:15 PM) Reply
I knew I recognized that beautiful, classy lady ... its Ann from SW! I got nudged back into Burda WOF by looking through your albums several months back. I love your pattern choices, especially Burda 8407. It is lovely to see you here. Think I could talk you into reviewing #119 from 08/2005?
regine said... (2/8/06 3:06 PM) Reply
What lovely work. I love all the things you have shown us on your photos.
Lori Sews said... (2/8/06 3:06 PM) Reply
Ann, absolutely exquisite. I can only hope to sew so well.
Nickle said... (2/8/06 2:56 PM) Reply
I couldn't see the first pic but I seen the 2nd with the emb and it looked so pretty. Well I just scaned through your phots and your blouse looks gorgeous on you. What beautiful work you do.
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (2/8/06 2:45 PM) Reply
Lovely, feminine, classic shirt and certainly skills for me to aspire. I will check out the placket for an upcoming project. Thank you Ann.
blue mooney said... (2/8/06 2:33 PM) Reply
Ann, I lurk over on Sewing World and have admired your work. I'm very hopeful to see more of your reviews here on PR!
Elona said... (2/8/06 2:24 PM) Reply
Beautiful, elegant shirt, Ann! It's such a pleasure to see your work.
MB at YarnUiPhoneApp said... (2/8/06 2:14 PM) Reply
for folks who can't see the clickable photo: try the following click on Pattern Information Provided by Ann Rowley. Follow the link to the slide show. Enjoy!
Ann Rowley said... (2/8/06 2:08 PM) Reply
Thank you all for your welcome and kind comments and especially milwaukee_kelly for letting you know how to view my photos. I've edited and re-edited the ClickHere link with no success - my sewing machine may be an extension of my right arm; my computer is not! Edited to add....I think I've got there finally. Click Here should now work!
Vonnevo said... (2/8/06 12:38 PM) Reply
Beautiful :)
milwaukee_kelly said... (2/8/06 12:29 PM) Reply
Your shirts are very nice. The embroidery is a beautiful touch. Welcome to PR!
PegL said... (2/8/06 12:28 PM) Reply
Beautiful blouse! The embroidery is wonderful! I have the same sewing/embroidery machine as you and now I feel challenged to use the embroidery function more often!
milwaukee_kelly said... (2/8/06 12:21 PM) Reply
Hey all, if you click on Burda Magazine info link, that will take you to the Yahoo photo album where you can click through and see the photos
Leslie in Austin said... (2/8/06 12:02 PM) Reply
Those blouses are perfection. When I grow up, I want to be able to sew like that. Gorgeous embroidery detail, perfect cuffs. Can't believe that you're only just now reviewing a pattern. Shame on you for hiding your skills from us for so long.
redhead said... (2/8/06 12:01 PM) Reply
Ann, I have been following your projects over on Sewing World, and I want you to know that you are my newest sewing hero. I also wanted to say that I too was unsure about the high collar stand. After seeing yours, I think that I will like it.
Chris Kelly said... (2/8/06 12:00 PM) Reply
Congrats on first review! Thank you for reviewing this blouse...I've been thinking of making this one. Can't wait to see pics...sounds beautiful!
pbrenneraz said... (2/8/06 11:57 AM) Reply
Ann - a truly lovely blouse, as usual with your work! The addition of the embroidery was perfect! Nice to see you here on PR (I lurk often on SW :-) Patty
Cambric Tea said... (2/8/06 11:56 AM) Reply
I can see your pictures and they are beautiful! Your workmanship is awesome and I love your color combinations. Aqua + Butter Yellow = Gorgeous.
Lorna C. Newman said... (2/8/06 11:54 AM) Reply
Welcome to PR and congrats on your frist review! The shirts sound lovely and I can't wait to see the embellishments you've done. Make sure you update this when you have the photos done as I want to see them ...
Lisette said... (2/8/06 11:31 AM) Reply
Ann you probably have to make your album public so that we can all see it. Welcome to PR!

Kwik Sew 2981