Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2449 (Trench Coat)

Reviewed by:julesberry

About julesberrystarstar
Member since: 12/6/05
Posted on:2/10/06 8:44 AM
Last Updated:2/10/06 10:44 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
gattidog said... (3/18/08 9:58 AM) Reply
I like the length you made this coat. How do you think it would make up without a lining?
jjc said... (2/21/08 6:47 PM) Reply
looks really nice. think i may try this one
Hilary said... (4/12/06 8:59 AM) Reply
i missed this review before-your coat looks *wonderful*! Great job!
pterion said... (2/13/06 12:52 PM) Reply
Wow! It may taken a long time, but so worth it! I love this coat.
Kira R said... (2/13/06 2:36 AM) Reply
Alright, you convinced me to try it. Have had this pattern in the stash for a while. Loved the photos ... enjoy your coat.
suncentaur said... (2/12/06 3:03 PM) Reply
It looks great! I think you should update your status from beginner. That is not beginners work! What was the method for easing the sleeve you talked about?
julesberry said... (2/11/06 6:36 PM) Reply
Thank you for all the kind comments. Happily, the photos don't really show all the "approximations" in the details of the coat. ;-) Hopefully the rest or the world will only look from a similar distance. I am a beginner - this is only the 7th thing I have made. I made this coat because I don't have a spring/autumn coat, and all the designer clothes in Japan are only for people with very flat chests, so no way I would have found a Trench Coat to fit - at least not without a lot of strife. Then I happened to find suitable but cheap fabric so didn't mind making a multitude of mistakes (see my blog for details). Nothing like neccessity to drive one on. Perhaps I should say I am a "patternreview.com Assisted Beginner"?! Becuase the instructions are so good in this pattern, all you need is time, patternreview.com, and a willing fabric, and I think anyone can do it.
KitnRose said... (2/11/06 5:27 PM) Reply
Oooh, I want one! Lovely, lovely, lovely. I'm very impressed that you both attempted this and totally succeeded!
Lori Sews said... (2/11/06 3:53 PM) Reply
Julesberry, fabulous trench. I admire that you tackle complicated projects. Very inspiring!
Kay Y said... (2/11/06 1:12 PM) Reply
I made this pattern and I KNOW it is not a beginner project - great job! It looks really wonderful.
luvzdogz said... (2/11/06 11:40 AM) Reply
Thank you for making this - I have had my eye on this pattern and you have given me some great tips on different parts of the coat - now I know what to watch out for! The color is very beautiful and I think it looks great on you.
SansSouci572 said... (2/11/06 11:26 AM) Reply
There is a trench coat in the new Luckymagazine that looks just like yours!
Vivienne said... (2/11/06 11:18 AM) Reply
Holy moly! This is what I aspire to.
drsue said... (2/11/06 11:12 AM) Reply
Just excellent! I don't think it's fair to call yourself a beginner if you can put this together so well.
Tiner W said... (2/11/06 11:06 AM) Reply
It's a beautiful coat--very inspiring!
CarolynGM said... (2/11/06 10:12 AM) Reply
You are no beginner! This coat is a very challenging pattern, and it looks like it turned out wonderfully.
BjP said... (2/11/06 9:54 AM) Reply
This is one gorgeous coat! Love it. I admire you for taking on such a detailed coat, but the result is fabulous.
carolynD43 said... (2/11/06 5:35 AM) Reply
Wow, that looks great! I think you need to upgrade your experience rating after making this.
sjm said... (2/11/06 4:14 AM) Reply
Your coat is wonderful. The colour is a refreshing change from the grey, taupe and black that everyone wears here!
Vonnevo said... (2/11/06 2:47 AM) Reply
Fabulous! Have you discovered the sewing notions in the 100 Yen shops?
Nickle said... (2/11/06 2:34 AM) Reply
Great looking trench coat, love the color. You did a beautiful job. Looks nice on you.
PegL said... (2/11/06 0:49 AM) Reply
You did a great job on a challenging project! Love the color and the fits looks very nice!
Lori V said... (2/11/06 0:04 AM) Reply
Gorgeous coat.
kwpanthermom said... (2/10/06 11:50 PM) Reply
Your coat is wonderful! The color is striking and it looks very well made. What a challenging undertaking, and you did a great job!
Chris Kelly said... (2/10/06 11:35 PM) Reply
Awsome looking trench coat...I just love it and the color also! Thanks for the review, I may have to get this pattern.
sew2little said... (2/10/06 11:03 PM) Reply
A linded coat is such a challenge, and despite the problems you had, your coat is really great looking!
Pam Z said... (2/10/06 10:58 PM) Reply
This trench was a challenge and it looks great on you!
Mirza said... (2/10/06 10:39 PM) Reply
Wonderful job! Love the color! What a cheerful coat to wear during those dreary months!
CarolynD said... (2/10/06 10:24 PM) Reply
What a gorgeous coat. I love the shorter length and I love the raspberry color. It is so hard to find overcoats in brighter colors. You did a fatastic job and I admire your ambition to make a coat with so much detail. It totally looks like a designer coat.

Ottobre Woman Magazine 05-2012-1