Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1476

About Femmestar
IN USA
Posted on:12/14/01 1:42 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
See other patterns in this category: Outerwear

Boho Banjo art to wear

pdf sewing patterns

said... (11/5/02 11:54 AM) Reply
Well, after leaving my stiff coat hanging in the closet for a year or so, I got bold and threw the dern thing in the wash! (I didn't have anything to lose, because the coat was just too stiff to wear.) It softened up considerably, and although it did shrink a bit, I can still wear it. As a matter or fact, I'm wearing my coat today; here in Indiana, fall is the perfect time for it. I'm happy that I was able to salvage it, and I still plan to make another one out of a more drapey fabric.
said... (10/22/02 11:20 PM) Reply
Just finished it (almost) in a lovely blue English wool. This, too, was a little heavy. It took a lot of hand basting to keep those 1/4" edges from turning over, but it was worth it. My only problem which I have not yet totally resolved, are the sleeves. Too long for me. I may just turn them under with a non-showing knit cuff, which will enable me to push them up to where I'm comfortable with them.
said... (6/15/02 3:42 PM) Reply
I made this coat as a light spring/fall coat, just as a muslin, and I loved it. I used a gabardine, which draped wonderfully. Regarding size, I am a size 22 who cut the 16 and it fit me with no alterations!
said... (1/1/02 2:17 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review, I too am intriqued by the great fun style of this pattern and purchased it several weeks ago. Although I have not made it yet. I wondered if it would be extremely oversized and if I should exchange my pattern for one several sizes smaller. If it is true that the pattern size does not effect the size of the coat than this would not help. I purchased as water repellant poly/cotton to make a spring/fall rain wear coat I hope this will drape well. Any input will be appreciated. Debbie

by: velosewer