Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 01-2006-117B (Velour Track Pants)

Reviewed by:MariaDenmark

About MariaDenmarkstarstar
DENMARK
Member since: 5/13/03
Posted on:2/17/06 1:42 PM
Last Updated:2/18/06 4:47 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
Tesla121 said... (2/21/06 4:44 AM) Reply
WOW! these look great! I love the color. I also love the mod you made. I will attempt to made it when I make up this pattern. Thanks!
mollyshark said... (2/20/06 4:49 PM) Reply
How do I get this pattern if it is a magazine pattern?
sherry pete said... (2/20/06 3:33 PM) Reply
I really like all the changes you made to the pattern design. I beat they are fun to wear.
CarolynGM said... (2/18/06 4:50 PM) Reply
I love both pairs, but especially the teal. The fit is wonderful.
Tini said... (2/18/06 12:54 PM) Reply
wow, these look cozy :) And I'd like to have your figure :)
BjP said... (2/18/06 9:39 AM) Reply
These look fabulous! Love the teal color.
Leora said... (2/17/06 11:04 PM) Reply
Your ugly green pants aren't so ugly, you know! I really need to reshape the legs as you did. Thank you for a helpful review and you look great!
sjm said... (2/17/06 6:29 PM) Reply
Your pants look fantastic. I have this pattern and some velour fabric, I just have to purchase the long slim legs now!
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (2/17/06 6:06 PM) Reply
Great pants! Beautiful job reshaping the leg.....drape is perfect. Mine are traced ready to cut..I'll reshape mine too, Was your elastic width of waistband and exact length?Thanks !
bunz said... (2/17/06 6:03 PM) Reply
What a great color! What a great fit!! I second the question on how wide was your elastic?
Sew4Fun said... (2/17/06 5:05 PM) Reply
Great pants, both pairs.
carolynw said... (2/17/06 4:48 PM) Reply
Just about to make velour pants myself - got all ambitious after Christmas/New Years and decided to get serious about the gym. Have lost 10 lbs so am ready for some new duds to show off in! This looks good - the teal - so will do the alterationd you recommend or get the other Burda pattern,
PegL said... (2/17/06 4:01 PM) Reply
Fantastic looking pants -- all versions! Your review is just in time for me as I just cut out a pair this morning! I'll go take in the legs a little! What size elastic did you use? I think I'd rather use elastic instead of drawstrings. Thanks!
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (2/17/06 3:07 PM) Reply
Your pants look fantastic and your review was very timely for me. I just completed a plus size wearable muslin of the pants. I left off the pockets and used a 3" wide elastic and next time will leave off the drawstring. Great suggestion about shaping the legs. Great review Marie, thanks.
Annika said... (2/17/06 3:07 PM) Reply
Great job! They hug your figure "just right."
Lori Sews said... (2/17/06 2:48 PM) Reply
Maria, these look great on you! So flattering on your beautiful figure. I like everything about them. How wide was your elastic? I have loved the other reviews on this pattern, but don't subscribe to WOF. I bought this pattern, hoping to get a similar look: http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-bin/patterns/sewingpatterns.pl?patternid=9650 I will try to do this shaping that you and Evatgirl did. When you say shape--did you draw them more curvier? Thanks so much for the review, and I will check out the line drawings of the pattern you mentioned (11/2005 #127). Your pants look awesome!
Michelle T said... (2/17/06 2:43 PM) Reply
Great review. If the kwik Sew pattern you were referring to is 3115, you do not need fabric with the amount of stretch they recommend. I am wearing a pair now that has just over 50% stretch and they fit fine. I would have to go down a size if my fabric had 75% stretch.
Nickle said... (2/17/06 2:29 PM) Reply
Your pants look great. Love the teal and the green, your teal look nicer with the leg alteration you did, but the green look nice too.
licarritc said... (2/17/06 2:29 PM) Reply
great review, swell pants, laughed hysterically about the cats!
mekira said... (2/17/06 2:01 PM) Reply
Nice :) Thanks for the review, they look very good on you
seKimberlyso said... (2/17/06 1:53 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review, these are on my to do list. Good job, great fit.
MariaDenmark said... (2/17/06 1:49 PM) Reply
jemgirlca: I took in 3 cm at both sides of the legs - there was plenty of room :-)
jemgirlca said... (2/17/06 1:47 PM) Reply
Wow, those look great! I love the teal ones, especially how you reshaped the legs. Did you take in the 3cm on one side of the leg, or both? I have velour to make some of these, but haven't gotten to it yet. Yours fit perfectly!

Understanding Wool Fabrics