Pattern Reviews> Lazy Girl Designs> 107 (Towne Purse)

Reviewed by:BeckyC

About BeckyCstar
MN USA
Member since: 5/8/04
Posted on:2/23/06 10:26 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Accessories
sunlie said... (6/7/06 10:18 AM) Reply
This review was very helpful. Changing the zipper ends to the insides sounds much better than on the outsides.
PattyGee said... (2/25/06 8:25 PM) Reply
Thank you, Becky for the review! I love the purse, the fabric is so fun and the inside is perfect. I always have trouble seeing what is in my purse and the brightness of the fabric for the lining of your purse is perfect for searching in your handbag. Your sewing is exquisite ! Thank you for the tips on the handles, I will make mine longer and also add an outer pocket like you suggested.
SewVeryTall said... (2/24/06 9:36 AM) Reply
Such a cute purse, Becky, I love the fabrics you've chosen inside and out. All the pockets really make this purse a winner!
Princess Jenny said... (2/24/06 8:13 AM) Reply
I love it!!!! The fabrics you chose make you want to smile--they're just so vibrant and happy! :) I love your stippling--it looks so beautiful--especially with the varigated thread. Its the little touches you gave it that make it extra special and lovely. Jen
pbrenneraz said... (2/23/06 5:30 PM) Reply
A very fun looking purse! I made a skirt last summer out of a flamingo embroidered linen from Joann's - if you get tired of this purse, I know where it could find a good home :-)
said... (2/23/06 11:18 AM) Reply
I have made this purse over 30 times, both for myself and others, and in many variations as to size, length of straps, etc. I like your method of dealing with the ends of the zipper. That is the only things I really do not like about this bag. If you do machine embroidery, it makes a nice touch on the outside pocket. I also use my embroidery machine to embroider people's names on the inside lining, just above the pockets. People really love these bags and I do too. Forgot to say that it is also very easy to make this bag in a larger size. Since you are only dealing with rectangles, you can make it wider, taller, etc. with no problem. Wonderful pattern, and wonderfully adaptive!

by: sewnaughty