Pattern Reviews> Folkwear> 139 (Vietnamese Ao Dai)

Reviewed by:Alam

About Alam
TX USA
Member since: 6/22/05
Posted on:2/19/06 0:14 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 6 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
maamool said... (4/1/10 6:43 PM) Reply
I spent a good part of my day measuring, cutting, and sewing. Too large in the bustline, too small around the back. Around the neck was too big, and I can't move my arms. The shoulder seam needs to be adjusted quite a bit. I'm going to set it aside. Sigh! Thanks.
AnneM said... (2/20/06 8:25 AM) Reply
The folkware patterns have some really interesting designs. Congrats on your outfit.
Stacy Sews said... (2/19/06 6:20 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I was surfing the folkwear site the other day and came across this pattern and liked it. I would love to see yours made up!
MaryBeth said... (2/19/06 2:28 PM) Reply
I wish I could see it! I love the ao dai but have never worn one. About the sleeve...what would be interesting is exactly how the Vietnamese ao dai sleeve pattern shape and grainline are different from the Folkwear pattern piece. Maybe after some time you will be able to take a look and show us, too. It's certainly not a necessary piece of information needed in this review, just a patterndrafting POI (point of info) for me. Thanks for this review and I hope you keep posting your work :).
Katharine in BXL said... (2/19/06 8:33 AM) Reply
What a great first review. The elbow dart will make the sleeve fall better on the body, which will definetly look better with brocade than the supple fabric usually used in ao dais. You must turn heads in your creation!
leigh7911 said... (2/19/06 1:44 AM) Reply
Sounds very nice! Any chance of a picture?

by: Ineedaname