Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> mm_ht Heavenly Twinset

Posted on:3/26/06 8:40 PM
Last Updated:4/2/06 7:40 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
CarolynGM said... (4/5/06 8:34 PM) Reply
Lovely, lovely top in one of my favorite colors too!
Jennifer shaw said... (4/5/06 8:16 PM) Reply
Georgene, I did end up taking about an inch off from the CB. I may end up going down to the size 8 and do a fba. Hopefully that will do the trick! Thanks for the tips on the neckline for the cardigan. Now that I am re reading the Connie Long book on "Sewing with Knits", I am feeling more adventurous.
Georgene said... (4/5/06 11:32 AM) Reply
Jennifer, did you try the cardigan yet? I cut it out and found it to be huuuge in what should have been my size. Once I pinched out 1" on the double CF/CB , it looked pretty good. I also hated the neckline - cut way too deep esp in the back. I raised the neckline and re-drew the curve - AFTER I pinched out that inch on the double. I'm using GG sizing. Maybe that's the problem? The armhole and sleeve were great though. PS I ditched the facing and made a turnback placket and a binding around the neck. Review coming soon...hopefully.
Jennifer shaw said... (4/4/06 9:23 PM) Reply
Thanks for the compliments. I am hoping for some sunny and warm weather next week down in LA, while visiting my SIL's. (Spring vacation- here I come!!)
twistedangel said... (4/4/06 5:08 PM) Reply
so cute and perfect for summer. I wish i could wear that color :-(
Mary Stiefer said... (4/3/06 10:15 AM) Reply
Beautiful straps. The finishing touch on a beautiful top.
Em's Summer said... (4/2/06 8:03 PM) Reply
OH! The bias tape straps look really good! That's a cute top!
Jennifer shaw said... (4/2/06 7:44 PM) Reply
Gigi, I am hoping that I have enough of the leftover fabric to make the matching cardigan... Hopefully, I can find some fold over trim instead of scrounging for scraps to do the trim!
Gigi Louis said... (3/27/06 10:31 AM) Reply
So cute! I can't wait to see the other piece!
slanden99 said... (3/27/06 10:13 AM) Reply
Very cute! I really like your fabric
Stacy Sews said... (3/27/06 7:54 AM) Reply
Beautiful fabric - especially for a wearable muslin! I can't wait to see this on you.
AnneM said... (3/27/06 7:02 AM) Reply
Congrats on your new top, and on working through the various issues (bad fabric in particular - that can be so discouraging).
PVA said... (3/27/06 0:23 AM) Reply
Thanks for this review, Jennifer. What a lovely fabric -- I'll bet this color is just wonderful on you! I'll look forward to seeing the twin-set on you!
PhyllisC said... (3/26/06 8:56 PM) Reply
Lovely cami Jennifer! This is as pretty as an Easter basket. Spring really is right around the corner. I hope we get to see the other piece in this twinset.

Favorite Things The Cargo Tote Pattern